Lost Signal Satellite 121, Ch.726

WALT THE GERMAN GUY

Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
HERNANDO, FLORIDA
ProSiebenSat1Welt

Hi everybody!
I'm new to this side and i think it is a great one. However, i'm NOT a technican
and don't understand most of your language. But i have a problem with the
signal of the German station "ProSiebenSat1Welt". It's on satellite 121 on my
SuperDish antenna. I tried several times to solve the problem with DishNetwork,
but without any success. For about 4 weeks now, when i turn on the tv and
receiver, it takes up to 3 hours for the system to get the signal. That usually
happened in the evening hours. I tried - just for test purposes- in the morning
hours, and the station came up immediately. For a couple of days now, there is
no signal at all.
I only subscribe to that certain channel. It is from Germany, and i am a German(living in Florida for 10 years now). I don't have a problem to get other (free)
channels with my dish, it is only channel 726.
Any idea what is going on?

what kind of signal are you getting?

on the remote, press
menu

it will show the signal strngth at the bottom...what does that show?

hit "cancel" a few times to get back to TV

hi Walt! ProSiebensat1.welt is all I watch! Akte nul sechs is coming on now. great show, taped live from Berlin. no ch. 726 problems here at all to report. hey, what happened to mit Herz und Handschellen? i loved leo and nina!

Iceberg said:
what kind of signal are you getting?

on the remote, press
menu

it will show the signal strngth at the bottom...what does that show?

hit "cancel" a few times to get back to TV

HI ICEBERG, THANK YOU. THE STRENGHT ON SATELLITE 121 TRANSPONDER 04
IS 76. NOn SIGNAL THIS MORNING AGAIN

yeah it sounds like a bad "eye"

76 signal is pretty good for 121 satellite (since its a lower powered satellite)

Lost Signal Of Satellite 121 Channel 726

:) Hi Guys, Thanks For Your Replies. Again, I Really Don't Understand Much
About Technic. Since Two Of You Mentioned The "bad Eye", It Could Be
A Possible Cause Of Not Getting That Station. But When The Eye Is Bad,
Why Do I Have A Signal To Other Channels? Do You Guys Have A Cost
Estimate For Replacing The Eye?
Thanks For All Your Help. Greetings From Florida!

the "eye" is the thing that picks up the signal and there has been some bad ones where they short out

so you'll get signal then none then signal. There was another batch that were heat sensative..when they got warm, they shorted out.

Since you are in Florida, that sounds like it might be the culprit.

Unless you bought the equipment, I think it should be covered (the parts)

no problems here in sunny california. this superdish121 was installed November 2005. walt, you gotta get this issue resolved. you must have missed 'Blut der Templer' on Tues and Clever, die show die wissenschaft last night.

Walt, the eye on your dish is actually 3 eyes and not one, two of the eyes are tied together much like cojoined twins and the third is a seperate peice. The eyes on your dish are enclosed in a plastic shroud at the end of a half meter or so square tube. For the time being you can take the top of the plastic shroud off, there is a single screw at the nose of the shroud that holds the larger portion inplace.

One of the problems that some people in your area have faced with the superdish eyes has been with temperature sensitivity causing the module to fail, another that has effected other superdish owners across the country was a production flaw that also caused the same module to fail.

To answer your question as to why you will get some channels but not others is because your 3 eyes see 3 satellites and all 3 will have one or more free channels on them. Hopefully taking the shroud off the eyes will allow them to be a bit cooler or cool down quicker in the evening hours until you can get the issue resolved.

When you call the local guy be sure to explain to him very clearly that you have a 121 superdish and that your having an issue related to the 121 lnbf specificly going out. It is also possible that your switch could be having problems as well.

Same problem with channel 726

We have a DVR unit and a basic unit upstairs. The DVR unit started to lose the 726 channel when it started to heat up a few months ago. Now it only kicks on well after 10pm or before 10am or so. I have flipped the cables to different switch jacks and also have had DISH send me a replacement DVR unit. No go. The upstairs unit consistantly gets a 76-78 on sat 121 transponder 4...when I go to the DVR unit it is either nothing or the same.

I am going to pester DISH again about a service call on the eye. But my question is if the eye is going bad why doesnt the non-DVR signal go bad? Different power requirements?

Thanks
Mac
Dallas, TX

Hi There,
Yes, It Started The Same Way. First I Got A Signal Early In The Morning
Or In The Evening Hours (sometimes I Had To Wait 2 To 3 Hours For A
Signal!). Now There Is No Signal At All. A Technician Comes Out On
Wednesday In Order To Fix It.
By The Way: E-mails And Calls To Dish Network Never Helped Me By
Solving The Problem!

When I lost 110 that contained my locals...I noticed that the 622 would not even display or allow me to see the OTA locals. cut them right out. So it must mean that the OTA module needs to see the SAT locals in order to display even on the guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)