Lost signal

TFLeonard

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
I need some help diagnosing why I seem to get a "lost signal completly" message screen when I switch to BBC America HD, and sometimes HBO HD East.

I have a three dish setup one each for 110/119/129 with a DPP33 going into a dual tuner 622DVR.

When I run a check switch test, tuner one flies through the 3 tests quickly but tuner 2 seems to take several minutes longer to complete. At the end I get all green "OK" symbols on all three sats and both tuners. System Info also reports no problem. What usually happens is that a timer goes off and switches to BBC America and I get that message on the screen which seems to also prevent me from switching channels manually. What should I do?

Actually, 3 larger dishes with an external switch will give you better signal strength than any single dish and triple lnb can.
You sacrifice signal strength on the smaller dish for the convenience of having only 1 dish

Have you tried a hard reboot? I have found sometimes that helps. If it is just HD programming you might want to have the dish that is pointing at the 129 checked.

Thanks that seems to have resolved the problem. I remember I used to have this problem with the SW64 and power inserter, but this is the first time I have had to do it with the DPPSW33.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)