Lost some channels....HELP

billinmidmich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
I have a 1000 system. I replaced the 1000 dish with a 500. Have my old VOOM dish and am pointed at 61.5 with that. For some reason I lost 110 but thats ok I don't think I got much off that one. On the satellite input it shows I am getting 61.5, 119 and 129. But, I do not get HDNET and HDNETMOVIE in the guide and cannot tune them in. On the "point dish" option, it does not show 1000 for a system option. How do I get those back?

your 500 isnt aimed right and instead of 110/119 you're getting 119/129. Need to move it 9 degrees east of current spot :)

Iceberg said:
your 500 isnt aimed right and instead of 110/119 you're getting 119/129. Need to move it 9 degrees east of current spot :)
I tried that and same results. I have a small tv right at the dish so I can see the screens. I have moved it to the East....raised and lowered.....turned skew......can't seem to get any different.

most receivers have a "peak angle" option in the menu setup (6-1-1) where you put your zip in and it tells you the angles.

another option is to cover up the right side of the LNB with tinfoil to block the 110 signal so you know you are aiming at 119. After you lock in 119, remove tinfoil and 110 should be there.

Iceberg said:
most receivers have a "peak angle" option in the menu setup (6-1-1) where you put your zip in and it tells you the angles.

another option is to cover up the right side of the LNB with tinfoil to block the 110 signal so you know you are aiming at 119. After you lock in 119, remove tinfoil and 110 should be there.
OK.....thanks. I got 110 back......got to tweek it in......down in the 50's with signal but came in and wanted to make sure everything was working right. Used the tinfoil.

Iceberg said:
that still is pretty low...should be in the 90's

make sure to peak on transpnoder 14 on 110. Use TP 11 on 119
This may seem dumb to you but, how do I tune to a certain transponder. The only way I know is to look at some Satellite chart to see what is on certain transponders and then tune to that channel on Dish. There must be an easier way. I know on the Dierectv there was a screen for that. If there is one on Dish....I don't know where.

billinmidmich said:
This may seem dumb to you but, how do I tune to a certain transponder. The only way I know is to look at some Satellite chart to see what is on certain transponders and then tune to that channel on Dish. There must be an easier way. I know on the Dierectv there was a screen for that. If there is one on Dish....I don't know where.

When you go to the point dish screen, you are on the transponder of the last channel you were tuned to. Just highlight the number showing under transponder and use curser up or down.

garys said:
When you go to the point dish screen, you are on the transponder of the last channel you were tuned to. Just highlight the number showing under transponder and use curser up or down.
Thanks.....I don't know why I overlooked that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)