Lost the OTA Tuner on my 622

coozieman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
Tonawanda NY
Received the 4.03RBED upgrade on Thursday and instantly loss all functionality of the OTA tuner. I have performed a soft and hard reset, pulled the plug, performed a check switch, mades ure the HD setup is on "Offair" and rescanned dozens of times.

Talked with USA based Tech support (didn't know that existed) but they were unable to offer any additional suggestions and decoded to simply replace the unit (which has worked flawless for 4.5 months until the upgrade hit)

Any ideas and/or possible suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Perhaps because inquiring minds want to know........why should a software upgrade kill a tuner that was working perfectly? Plus reading through the forums, I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.

Maybe he's just asking for help because he doesn't want to replace his receiver (recordings).

Have you tried deleting all your Local channels, rebooting the receiver and then re-scan for your local channels?

Not much you can do if the tuner is dead but it's worth a try.

KAB - thanks for posting the forum but all of those folks are experiencing dropouts, loss of signal strength etc......by tuner just died. Acts as if I don't have an antenna hooked up.

I have deleted, rescanned, checked switch, rebooted, stood on my head...you name it. I am ok with the unit being replaced, but being a tech geek its nice to know why a software upgrade would kill a piece of functional hardware....

coozieman
Check out the following sticky thread on the L4.03 update. It might be more helpful than this thread.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=94234

I have a feeling that the receiver replacement won't do you much good but you never know. I have 2 model 622s and they both lost their OTA ability. The thread above also has my report to dish on the problem. They are now aware that the L4.03 update created problems with the OTA tuner (for some people) in two ways... either totally losing it or constant digitizing.

Thanks for the info SatelliteGal. Not sure why some folks on this site have to reply with sarcasm....too much time on their hands I guess....

As my Grandma always said...if you don't have something nice to say...don't say anything at all!

coozieman, satellitegal: I'm having the same problems as you in Virginia Beach, except mine cuts out for about an hour at a time, then will come back for awhile (very annoying). I contacted Dish's tech support. He told me that they were not aware of this problem (if you can believe that) but thanks for letting them know (which translates to: I work for tech support and I don't know anything. Thanks for letting us know, I'll make sure that I file your complaint under "G" for garbage)

Do what you want. You can try suggestions and it might "work" all of a sudden. Some people will suggest that the tuner is flaky and is failing intermittently. Is it going to all of a sudden fix itself permanently ?? You can take that chance....

I say, take the replacement and move on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)