lost transponder on 119

elhombre

Original poster
May 23, 2010
Mexico
I have two 510 receivers on separate antennas each pointing to 119 only. They have worked great for two years. Friday I lost several channels on both systems at the same time. Transponders 11,15 and 19 have zero signal strength. However, all other transponders have great signal strength (45-71) which is normal. The systems are physically separate but on the same DISH account. I had DISH tech do a re-activate on both receivers which did not fix the problem. They suggested changing the LNB which I did. Still same problem. DISH had no other suggestions at this time. I Have run the check switch test with correct results. I cannot think of any thing else to do at my end.
QUESTION? Has DISH changed anything on SAT 119 that would give me this loss of signal on unique transponders? I am on the fringe of the signal path. Maybe I need to fine tune my antennas on the missing transponders in case these transponders are missing my antenna?

Any ideas?

Thanks

I have two 510 receivers on separate antennas each pointing to 119 only. They have worked great for two years. Friday I lost several channels on both systems at the same time. Transponders 11,15 and 19 have zero signal strength. However, all other transponders have great signal strength (45-71) which is normal. The systems are physically separate but on the same DISH account. I had DISH tech do a re-activate on both receivers which did not fix the problem. They suggested changing the LNB which I did. Still same problem. DISH had no other suggestions at this time. I Have run the check switch test with correct results. I cannot think of any thing else to do at my end.
QUESTION? Has DISH changed anything on SAT 119 that would give me this loss of signal on unique transponders? I am on the fringe of the signal path. Maybe I need to fine tune my antennas on the missing transponders in case these transponders are missing my antenna?

Any ideas?

Thanks

See http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/213709-119-even-transponders-gone-mexico-city.html

DISH 500 to 301

Receiver went out/exchanging!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)