Lost voom channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
I have the Dish HD only package, and tonight lost access to all my Voom channels (they appeared "red" in my channel listings). Called Dish, spoke with a clueless tech rep, who told me that "the Dish HD package no longer exists. You have to upgrade to Dish Ultimate". I said no, this was a new package, and to check with your supervisor.

He finally comes back 15 minutes later and says I'm right, he's wrong, but that it's confusing because "Dish HD" was the name of the old HD package from a few years ago, but it is also the name of the new "Dish HD only" package.

So, he sends a "hit" to my receiver. Now, I get the channels again... but only in my "all channels" list. If I view "subscribed channels only", they don't appear.

I'll have to do a check switch and reboot after I finish recording the show that's currently on.

I think others had similar problems, so I thought I'd add this thread to show it happened to me tonight.

Robert

I currently have HD Ultimate and my Voom channels have all disappeared as well. Anyone know what's going on?

I had this happen to my 622 about a week ago. tech support had to re-authorize my receiver for them to come back on. don't know why it happened but after re-authorizing and downloading program info they appeared again.

I upgraded to HD about 2 weeks ago. I have the America's 250 and HD Essentials. I had the Voom channels until yesterday, when they turned red. I called Dish, and the first rep said that I should get the Voom channels, and she transferred me to tech support. Tech support had me reboot and reauthorized me, but they still didn't show up. He finally checked and said that HD Essentials doesn't include the Voom channels. Based on the Dish web site, I believe that is the case.

Either it was just a teaser, or Dish's systems are still catching up to the new packages...

I upgraded to HD about 2 weeks ago. I have the America's 250 and HD Essentials. I had the Voom channels until yesterday, when they turned red. I called Dish, and the first rep said that I should get the Voom channels, and she transferred me to tech support. Tech support had me reboot and reauthorized me, but they still didn't show up. He finally checked and said that HD Essentials doesn't include the Voom channels. Based on the Dish web site, I believe that is the case.

Either it was just a teaser, or Dish's systems are still catching up to the new packages...
I had Voom for a month with HD Essentials pack as well, But now its gone too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)