LOTS of macroblocking on 701

rvaidyan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 24, 2004
Duluth, MN
Although I identify 701 in the title, I am seeing a lot of macroblocking on fast scenes on Voom. Being a relatively new customer, I am not sure if this is normal or a temporary problem.

I was also watching Star Wars - Attack of the Clones and saw tons of macroblocking (hope I'm using the right term here) on the fast chase scene and during explosions.

Almost all the "fast" action on 701 is breaking up into larger square pixels.

The program you are referring to He's Spunn... Yes I saw the same thing. But I have seen the same with this program. Take a look at the next program the weekend flash and Night calls live, you should see a difference.

rvaidyan said:
Although I identify 701 in the title, I am seeing a lot of macroblocking on fast scenes on Voom. Being a relatively new customer, I am not sure if this is normal or a temporary problem.

I was also watching Star Wars - Attack of the Clones and saw tons of macroblocking (hope I'm using the right term here) on the fast chase scene and during explosions.

Almost all the "fast" action on 701 is breaking up into larger square pixels.

I noticed the same thing. It seems to vary by channel. Scooby-Doo on HBO was terrible (the movie and the macroblocking). Austin Powers was pretty free of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)