VOOM Channels are OLD!!

eg9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
It took me 4 weeks to figure out that World Sport HD only shows reruns of 2003 Soccer games etc... Then... I noticed RAVE and others doing the same. This is starting to suck... All we get is old reruns... COME ON VOOM.... YOU HAVE TO START CHANGING THAT!!!

EG

eg9 said:
It took me 4 weeks to figure out that World Sport HD only shows reruns of 2003 Soccer games etc... Then... I noticed RAVE and others doing the same. This is starting to suck... All we get is old reruns... COME ON VOOM.... YOU HAVE TO START CHANGING THAT!!!

EG
wrong, many of the games were live. right now they are repeats until the season starts again.

Vurbano... If you are right, then I'll understand. Please tell me why they don't cover other sports, concerts, movies, etc... on those HD VOOM channels while they wait for the new season, etc..???

Thanks,

Ed-

eg9 said:
Vurbano... If you are right, then I'll understand. Please tell me why they don't cover other sports, concerts, movies, etc... on those HD VOOM channels while they wait for the new season, etc..???

Thanks,

Ed-
On worldsport? I wish they would cover other sports. I think the NHL would be a Prime candidate.

eg9 said:

EG

Please take a look at this thread. There might be re-runs as you pointed out but there is new content added almost every day.

New Content on VOOM

Soccer is about the only sport in the U.S. that the big networks haven't invested billions of dollars in exclusive rights and marketing campaigns. Soccer is pretty much their only choice unless you would like to see Cricket or Lacrosse.

It would be nice to see other sports on this channel saw a promo for Elephant Polo in Thailand and there are plenty of obscure sports in other countries I am sure we Americans would find interesting as long as it is not 2 yrs old and repeating all the time. This "World sports" not "Soccer" channel.

You think HDnet is any different? Guess again..........seen the same race from Lime Rock Every Friggin Day for a week now!

DrWho said:
Austrailian Rules Football is always very enjoyable.
Rugby is fun as well.

I'd love to see aussie rules too. I don't think they film in HD yet though (although all games are filmed in widescreen). Also Fox Sports World has the exclusive rights to it in the U.S. for right now.

Hopefully WorldSport can figure something out though.

Personally obscure sports and extreme sports are sometimes fun to watch, I would like to see World Sports add in rugby, lacross, strip poker, and sky diving.

easysport said:
It would be nice to see other sports on this channel saw a promo for Elephant Polo in Thailand and there are plenty of obscure sports in other countries I am sure we Americans would find interesting as long as it is not 2 yrs old and repeating all the time. This "World sports" not "Soccer" channel.

Absolutely! Elephant Polo must be shown live, or not at all. Otherwise I get confused when I read the Elephant Polo box scores in the newspaper.

Dvlos said:
Personally obscure sports and extreme sports are sometimes fun to watch, I would like to see World Sports add in rugby, lacross, strip poker, and sky diving.

I think USA already has the strip poker covered. I hardly ever watch USA, so that show might not even be on anymore, who knows, who cares.

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)