Lots of "Off Air" channels tonight.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

M Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
There are a ton of channels showing "Off Air" in the EPG later tonight. Normally, this wouldn't be that odd. It's pretty common for, say, ALL HBO channels to go down for a couple hours every once in a while. But these are all different channel ownerships, and spotty. For example, Showtime HD is showing "Off Air" from 10:45 to 2:25. But Showtime West has two additional movies in the 1:45-5:25 slot.

I was just wondering if this is a DISH engineering thing. I guess it could be a C-Band bird going down temporarily, but it's really widespread. Besides 3 Showtimes, there HD Net, HD Theatre, Univision W, Telefutura W, USA, TNT, ESPN, Ovation, CBS Sports, Hallmark, Soapnet, Current, Documentary, RFD, a couple religious channels, and at least 5 PI channels.

I'm on Mountain Standard Time...most of the channels don't go off until Midnight, but I'll stick around and see if ShoHD really goes off in about 10 minutes.

OK, what the hell? Showtime HD just switched to "This is a special event which is not available for purchase."

I'm going to go shut my locks off and see is the SD version is still on.

The Engineering Dept. at Dish is doing maintenance on the encoders tonight. Some other changes may show up at 3-4am Eastern. The channels showing "off air" will show programming and then randomly go off and come back on. It's Dish doing the maintenance so it is random.

See ya
Tony

Looking through stuff I don't subscribe to anymore (I recently cut back), a few HBOs , Starz, and Max's are going off, and MOST Encores.

Also, the ones that are already off (Encore W, Encore Drama, 5 Star Max) are showing in the all subscribed list as blue instead of green.

The west coast TMCs are both going off later, but the east coast versions aren't.

Don't know if this is related but I just had 2 ppvs that I did not order show up on my 622. Nobody ordered these and I called Dish about it but they said that the PPVs were not showing up on my account. I am 100% sure that these PPVs were not ordered. Anybody else have this same problem? I asked the CSR to make a note on my account that I called so that I would not be charged later for these PPVs because 1 is a SD ppv, I have HD programming and would not order a SD PPV and the Other is a Playboy event. So it is about $15 of PPVs that I did not buy and not watching so I hope the matter is taken care of.

AS of this moment, not all, but several "Off Air" channels are back on the air. Things are slowly returning to normal ops.

Last edited:
Don't know if this is related but I just had 2 ppvs that I did not order show up on my 622. Nobody ordered these and I called Dish about it but they said that the PPVs were not showing up on my account. I am 100% sure that these PPVs were not ordered. Anybody else have this same problem? I asked the CSR to make a note on my account that I called so that I would not be charged later for these PPVs because 1 is a SD ppv, I have HD programming and would not order a SD PPV and the Other is a Playboy event. So it is about $15 of PPVs that I did not buy and not watching so I hope the matter is taken care of.

If it's not related to this, it might be related to the salmonella outbreak, the Iran missile tests, the release of Vista Service Pack 1, Brad and Angelina's baby, the SAG contract talks, this growth on my neck, the housing markets decline, Jessie Jackson's nut cutter, the Apollo missions, the invention of the cotton gin...

If it's not related to this, it might be related to the salmonella outbreak, the Iran missile tests, the release of Vista Service Pack 1, Brad and Angelina's baby, the SAG contract talks, this growth on my neck, the housing markets decline, Jessie Jackson's nut cutter, the Apollo missions, the invention of the cotton gin...

That's absolutely ridiculous. Except for the part about Vista.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)