Loud Commercials and Srs Truvolume coming soon?

Most current Home Theater Receivers have a "Dolby Midnight Mode" that limits and levels volume.

If it's compressing the dynamic range on all programs, then no thanks. No sane person wants that. We only want the volume of the commercials reduced to the average volume of the other programs.

If it's compressing the dynamic range on all programs, then no thanks. No sane person wants that. We only want the volume of the commercials reduced to the average volume of the other programs.

I've said this before in other words.

I use the "night mode" function when necessary. If whatever dish implements is on all the time I hope there is a way to turn it off because it will ruin movies.

I quit watching live tv for just this same reason.
Much easier to just record and skip the trash like "extenze"

That's what I'm doing. 99% of the stuff I watch is recorded. I sometimes start recording something that's 60 minutes long and about 20-30 minutes later I start the recording from the beginning and can comfortably skip all the trash without catching up to LIVE mode before the show is over. Works excellent on prime time stuff like House, Fringe, CSI etc.

One hundred percent in agreement. That is my wife does not know about Midnight Modes existence. Unfortunately, the only way to level out the volume for (insert target) is through compression. Does not matter if the compression is done by Dolby or SRS labs, it requires compression

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts