Low Signal for 119 on Superdish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bdtech

Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Hey Guys, I have installed a few dishes in Eastern Kentucky. The typical install will usually yield 100+ for 119 & 110, and 60-67 for 105. I just came from an install (wide open view), I had 120 signal on 110, 75 on 105 (the most I've ever got), and 50 on 119 :( . I've replaced the dish (thought maybe the dish or lnb array was bent), same result. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks all.

The first thing I'd look for is a partial obstruction - but you say there's none.

A 3 LNB Dish is a set of design compromises. That may be part of the issue.

Have you tried nudging the 119 LNBF with hand pressure - just to see what happens?

No I didn't, but, along those same lines...a tech from Dish suggested that although everything says to adjust the skew and then DON'T mess with it. Well...you might want to tweak it a little ;)

Thanks

Dish told us that the skew had a +- 5 deg. tolorance...that seems like a lot of 'wiggle room' to me.

You should NOT move the skew under any circumstances. Make sure the pole/mast is perfectly plumb on all sides. If 105 and 110 is coming in good then 119 should be coming in good as well unless something such as a tree is blocking it partially.

juce said:
I thought that the skew did not matter for the LNB? Isn't it the same as the polarity?
Maybe you're thinking of FSS and C-Band - vertical/horizontal polarity where "skew" is either dialed into the LNB by rotating it, or under control of the receiver controlling it remotely.

DBS uses circular polarization that doesn't need or use that type of skew.

The term as used with D* and E* has to do with the angle needed to get multi-LNB dshes aligned right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts