Low Signal on129 No HD

utabb

Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
Starting this morning the signal strength on SAT 129 dropped to about 20. I could not recieved any of the national HDs on 129. Did a check switch and a front panel reset. It showed signal OK on all 3 SATS, but still around 20 and no picture.

Then during the day the channels would come and go, and signal strength goes up and down. Right now 8:10 CDT all is OK.

Any ideas what to check if 129 goes out again?

20 on some transponders on the 129 bird is not an unusual signal strength. My next door neighbor works for E* and had his Dish 1000 installed as part of a testing program in the early days of the Dish 1000 and he only gets a signal strength of 20 for our HD locals on transponder 2. I pushed my installer for a strong 129 signal back in May and I get 22 to 29 on transponder 2. My best readings are over 40 on transponders 14, 15, 16, and 21, which were used to aim my antenna.

Obviously something is wrong with 129. Tech support says you need 15 to lock in perfect conditions and at least 5 more for rain fade. So 20 is the absolute bare minimum for having a signal from 129. What a way to run a satellite TV company!

I too am having some problems with the national HD's on Sat. 129. I have no problem at all with any channels on 110 etc. Can someone please refresh me how to check my signal strength?