Lower 48 DirecTV RV Antenna Coverage

907TECH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2018
Alaska
I am retiring in a few months and next year going on an extended RV trip for months. My Diesel Pusher has a King Dome (15 in I think) installed. I have DirecTV coverage at home now, which of the 2 services Dish or Direct offers the most reliable coverage for an RV? I may keep my DirecTV, or switch to Dish if they perform better with a smaller system like this. We will be in the NW, and east coast from Tn. north to Canada. We are in Alaska this dish is way too small to work well up here.

I can tell you that the DIRECTV SD 101W location does have a great spot beam but I really can’t talk much about Dish as I am a DIRECTV customer. If you are in Alaska and want to receive DIRECTV, you would need a bigger sized dish and a clear area of the south. Hope that helps!

Not really interested in getting a dish that will work in Alaska, they are too large for my taste just want good lower 48 performance.

remember unless you have a real RV account (which will give you the national feeds) you won't get any Directv locals when you move (I think your alaska locals are on a spotbeam on d11 or d14??)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts