Lower end 55 inch TV

Comptech

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
I read this forum and would love to have the TV's you speak of, but my budget will not cut it in the near future. But anyways, my 55 inch Vizio is starting to die. Has been a good TV, but the back lights are going out. I am getting dark spots in the upper right corner. It was a 500 buck 4k tv 8 years ago, so just looking to replace it with something similar. Give me some input for something that will last as long as this did for a similar price. P.S. I am getting old and no longer have 4k eyes, so just something with a decent picture.

Foxbat

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I’m not sure there are still 1080HD TVs, especially in the 55” format. This is what I saw at B&H Photo, just to give you an idea:
Of course, this close to Christmas, supply and variety will be limited.

Best Buy also has a number of 55“ sets under $400 from Amazon, Insignia, Toshiba, Hisense, TCL, and Vizio. I don’t have any input on relative merit on these sets.

Reactions: Comptech
primestar31

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
I read this forum and would love to have the TV's you speak of, but my budget will not cut it in the near future. But anyways, my 55 inch Vizio is starting to die. Has been a good TV, but the back lights are going out. I am getting dark spots in the upper right corner. It was a 500 buck 4k tv 8 years ago, so just looking to replace it with something similar. Give me some input for something that will last as long as this did for a similar price. P.S. I am getting old and no longer have 4k eyes, so just something with a decent picture.
Check out this site: Reviews and Ratings

Reactions: Comptech and Foxbat