LSU vs Ohio St.

Who will win the BCS championship?

• Ohio St.

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • LSU

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
I am a Trojan fan therefore I don't have a fish in this pond. What is the point? LSU kicked OSU's rear-end of the story. ALL the irrelevant alcohol stories are NOT going to change the NC game score. Please let's move on.

OSU is going to the coliseum to represent the BIG TEN...

This is where you are wrong and the SEC folks think that way too.
Ohio State will go to the coliseum and play, but win or lose, it will be OSU vs USC not the Big Ten vs Pac Ten.
SEC fans think because LSU won this year that THEY one the MNC , they didn't LSU did.
Just like last year, FLORIDA won the MNC NOT the SEC.
Ohio State lost those games, not the Big Ten.
The Big Ten did pretty well the last few years in the bowls vs SEC, I think then were like 4-1, maybe it was 3-1 , last year and don't recall this year, I know M won and OSU lost.

Jimbo

Ohio State will go to the coliseum and play, but win or lose, it will be OSU vs USC not the Big Ten vs Pac Ten.
SEC fans think because LSU won this year that THEY one the MNC , they didn't LSU did.
The Big Ten did pretty well the last few years in the bowls vs SEC, I think then were like 4-1, maybe it was 3-1 , last year and don't recall this year, I know M won and OSU lost.

Jimbo
REDUNDANCY.

Jimbo
What's wrong with having pride in your conference? And LSU fans have SEC pride as well, not just the teams that weren't in the MNC. Did you hear the chant from the crowd with about 2 minutes left? "SEC, SEC..." The players were also chanting it after the game when they were on the Fox set.

BTW, last year the Big Ten was 2-1 in bowls againt the SEC. This year they were 1-2.

What's wrong with having pride in your conference? And LSU fans have SEC pride as well, not just the teams that weren't in the MNC. Did you hear the chant from the crowd with about 2 minutes left? "SEC, SEC..." The players were also chanting it after the game when they were on the Fox set.

BTW, last year the Big Ten was 2-1 in bowls againt the SEC. This year they were 1-2.

So Vanderbuilt , Mississippi, Mississippi State, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, S. Carolina ect. feel that they one the MNC as well ???

Jimbo

It is a win for the conference. I support the UofF as my main team and the SEC as my conference. So when the SEC does well I am happy and feel as though my conference kicked ass. Whats wrong with that? The way college teams have "ups and downs" if you dont have alternatives to root for it could get boring.. Look at FSU. in the early and even up till the late 90s they were battleing for the title every year, now just a few years later they are not even a challange, that used to be the biggest game of the year for me FSU vs UF.. Now lately its just be another "Guaranteed victory" So I will support the Gators vs any team, and the SEC team when playing against any other conference. When its sec vs sec, ill just hvae to decide who I want to win based on which will help UF get the SEC title best :)

It is a win for the conference. I support the UofF as my main team and the SEC as my conference. So when the SEC does well I am happy and feel as though my conference kicked ass. Whats wrong with that? The way college teams have "ups and downs" if you dont have alternatives to root for it could get boring.. Look at FSU. in the early and even up till the late 90s they were battleing for the title every year, now just a few years later they are not even a challange, that used to be the biggest game of the year for me FSU vs UF.. Now lately its just be another "Guaranteed victory" So I will support the Gators vs any team, and the SEC team when playing against any other conference. When its sec vs sec, ill just hvae to decide who I want to win based on which will help UF get the SEC title best :)
Totally reasonable. That's how I look at the Big-12 and Oklahoma. :)

Fair enough, I'm guilty of the same.

I figured I wouldn't let this thread die just yet.

LsuTony.JPG

Ohio State going for it's third in a row next year. The difference is 2008-09 isn't a rebuilding year like 07-08.

I don't see anything in their way, Michigan is definitely reloading this season, that leaves Penn St., Illinois, and Wisconsin, as the only stumbling blocks.

Ohio State going for it's third in a row next year. The difference is 2008-09 isn't a rebuilding year like 07-08.
So, if 07-08 was a rebuilding year, what was 06-07?

Ohio St. has to hope that there isn't 2 or more teams with the same record at the end of the season. Due to how they've looked in the last couple of MNC games, that will be a strike against them to the voters. If the SEC and Pac 10 champions have the same record, they will get the votes over Ohio St.

I don't see anything in their way, Michigan is definitely reloading this season, that leaves Penn St., Illinois, and Wisconsin, as the only stumbling blocks.
USC won't stand in their way? :eek:

Derwin0 said:
So, if 07-08 was a rebuilding year, what was 06-07?

Ohio St. has to hope that there isn't 2 or more teams with the same record at the end of the season. Due to how they've looked in the last couple of MNC games, that will be a strike against them to the voters. If the SEC and Pac 10 champions have the same record, they will get the votes over Ohio St.
'06-'07 they started number 1 and finished the regular season as number 1. '07-'08 they started at 11 due to all the offensive weapons they lost (Smith, Ginn, Gonzales, Pittman, etc.). It was supposed to be a rebuilding year due to the youth on offense--especially b/c they were breaking in a QB with practically no game experience. Next year with so many returning seniors, they will probably start in the top 5 and be expected to compete for the NC. You are right though--they will probably need to run the table to make it to the NC game. Voters will take a 2-loss team from the SEC over a 1-loss OSU. Can't say I blame them.

USC won't stand in their way? :eek:

'06-'07 they started number 1 and finished the regular season as number 1. '07-'08 they started at 11 due to all the offensive weapons they lost (Smith, Ginn, Gonzales, Pittman, etc.). It was supposed to be a rebuilding year due to the youth on offense--especially b/c they were breaking in a QB with practically no game experience. Next year with so many returning seniors, they will probably start in the top 5 and be expected to compete for the NC. You are right though--they will probably need to run the table to make it to the NC game. Voters will take a 2-loss team from the SEC over a 1-loss OSU. Can't say I blame them.

Well it seems I forgot about them. But they are beatable, just ask Stanford.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)