LUBBOCK DMA

Dishman1978

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
California
1359748795551.jpg

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys App (Beta)

Ramar has FOX of the big 4. The rest are CW and MY TV net and a hispanic net. They just a few months got back on Directv because of a protracted fight with them over carriage and wanting too much for retrans. Bran Moran, the CEO is a pompous ass that thinks the world of TV and radio revolves around his group of TV stations. This will go on for a while then he will eventually decide he is losing to much by not being on E* and there will be another contract. It may also be that he wants all his stations carried and E* said we aren't gonna carry the lesser ones.

I have OTA on both Hoppers and can get the lost channels. Why must Dish take away the guide info for the OTA as well as their channel??? The other subchannels of these stations that are OTA do have guide info. There are superstations that cover the CW and MYTV. Is it possible for dish to insert those stations for the lost ones. It would cover 1/2 the lost channels.

I have OTA on both Hoppers and can get the lost channels. Why must Dish take away the guide info for the OTA as well as their channel??? The other subchannels of these stations that are OTA do have guide info. There are superstations that cover the CW and MYTV. Is it possible for dish to insert those stations for the lost ones. It would cover 1/2 the lost channels.

During disputes, Dish removes the info so you know there is a dispute. As to why they do it, I don't know. It is also against FCC rules to replace dma channels. If you are eligible for the superstations, you can pay for them but you cannot get them as a replacement.

This happens everytime there is a takedown. If dish is no longer broadcasting or carrying a channel, they are also no longer providing ota info for that channel. Luckily there are manual timers to get around this.

Glad I don't "live" there. :D I record so little off Fox it's hard to notice things like that now. I mean last year was my last year for American Idol and that takes up 2 to 3 nights a week now.

It is also against FCC rules to replace dma channels.

actually there is one condition where it is OK for Dish to replace them.
If you are in a "short" market and one of the imported stations gets taken down Dish can replace it with a different affiliate

But if its a station actually in your market, then correct they cant replace it

This is gonna hurt KJ more than it will E*. It's sweeps month. It's gonna eat them alive in the Nielsen's. I bet that they will lose 15% in the numbers. Let's see how long Brad Moran's pocket will take it. He thought that he could hit them up for major increase and Charlie would roll over. I'm really laughing here. :D Now D* may gain some subs over it as they just got over a retrans dispute.