Macroblocking/pizelation on Philadelphia Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjruby

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Nazareth, PA
I noticed that I am getting occasional macroblocking/pixelation on the Philadelphia locals off of 61.5 on both my hoppers.
Channel 3 (KYW) and 6 (WPVI) are the worst offenders.
Signal levels from dish are good and no LNB drift reported.
Reviewing programs recorded using PTAT, it appears to have started last Friday.
Anyone else seeing this?
Thanks,
Bob

Same here Picture is very poor does not look hd and very poor with any movement .spot beam 23 61.5 comes up unnamed and goes in and out

Yes, Noticed this yesterday. Glad it is not just me. Have noticed it on 6abc and fox29 yesterday during the race. Driving me nuts. Any fixes or what do we do to fix????

All locals .I installed a new hopper about 2 weeks ago I thought the picture was very good switching out a 622 .Last wed or thur the picture took a dump it is very poor I checked all cables and signal and tv settings I was thinking it was the hopper I am glad to see I am not the only one .I also have fios and dish was about the same now it looks like poor sd at best .

As recommended by MikeD-C05, I sent an email to dishquality@echostar.com reporting the problem.

I haven't heard back from them yet but I suggest you also send an email to them to report the problem.

I hope they're not having problems with the new satellite.

You might have to keep writing till you get a response. I have had to do this and I keep an ongoing email that I respond to then send it back to respond to them , to show the record. You can also call the technical department at DISH and report the problems to them too. The more people who know , the better chances you can get it fixed.

I received the following email from Dish:
-------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Xxxxx,
Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.
Thank you for your email. I wanted to let you know that I did monitor these channels this morning and did catch some problems. I escalated this to our engineering teams and fortunately I think they found the problem. Are you still seeing the issues? If you are please let me know. If it is still occurring could you please tell me what channel, if you remember the time, & the programming airing. I am trying to narrow this down to a couple of things and this information could really help. Again, thank you for your help in this manner, I really appreciate it.
We appreciate the time DISH Network customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Broadcasting Corporation
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.com
-------------------------------------------------------
I just did a quick check on channels 3 and 6 snd they do appear to be much better.

I will monitor performance tonight and respond to Dish tomorrow morning,

Any feedback from others on how the Philly locals look now?

Could this be due to the new HD channels added to the Philly locals recently? Shove enough HD channels on a transponder and eventually the PQ has to drop. BTW, noticed that Ch. 3 has very bad PQ / blocking the other day, not sure if it is fixed yet.

Could this be due to the new HD channels added to the Philly locals recently? Shove enough HD channels on a transponder and eventually the PQ has to drop. BTW, noticed that Ch. 3 has very bad PQ / blocking the other day, not sure if it is fixed yet.

The Philadelphia locals were moved to Echostar 12 on 2/13/13.

Channel 23, WNJS-HD was added on 2/15/13 on Transponder 01 - Spotbeam 5

Channel 44, WMCN-HD was added on 2/27/13. It is also on Transponder 01 - Spotbeam 5

I noticed the problems with Channels 3, 6, 10 and 29 starting on 3/1/13. I don't know if they are on the same transponder/spotbeam.

So far, the picture quality appears to have improved since Dish "fixed" some problems yesterday.

How does channel 3 look to you now?

Bob

I was in contack with DISH yesterday about the problem. They said they saw a problem and corrected it. My picture looks ok now so I believe they got it. Will keep an eye on the picture again tonight when I get home....

Locals look great . Thanks for sending in the emails to dish I thought it was my new hopper.

Just noticed my recorded programmson 6 and 29 the past days look horrible as mentioned. Will have check live feeds. Noticed tonight the added local Philly HD feeds finally. New satellite???? Sorry I'm out loop just got dish recently love the hopper 2

Just noticed my recorded programmson 6 and 29 the past days look horrible as mentioned. Will have check live feeds. Noticed tonight the added local Philly HD feeds finally. New satellite???? Sorry I'm out loop just got dish recently love the hopper 2

Prior to 2/13/13, your Philadelphia locals were being transmitted to you from the Echostar 12 satellite which has been having technical problems.

A new satellite, Echostar 16, was lauched late last year to replace Echostar 12 and services were gradually transferred from Echostar 12 to Echostar 16. The Phialdelphia locals were transferred on 2/13/13. Please note that I had an error in a previous post that indicated the wrong satellite.

Dish made some corrections on Tuesday.

How do your locals look now? Check the live feeds or Wednesday's PTAT recordings.

Thanks,

Bob

hey bob thanks for info. Six still looks not so good than again I'm 720p still getting used dish overall HD quality isn't bad what Type of compression is dish using vs dtv. Not too happy here with just getting Philly only hate these market boundaries need to find a installer to install antenna to feed into hopper since NYC can be picked up ota also. What's the deal with super stations not in HD. See wwor is though

is dish really reading there customers feedback this is the exact same repsonse i received from an earlier post in this thread.. seems to look look like a precan response.. :(

"Dear Mr. xxxxxxx,

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

Thank you for your email. I wanted to let you know that I did monitor these channels this morning and did catch some problems. I escalated this to our engineering teams and fortunately I think they found the problem. Are you still seeing the issues? If you are please let me know. If it is still occurring could you please tell me what channel, if you remember the time, & the programming airing. I am trying to narrow this down to a couple of things and this information could really help. Again, thank you for your help in this manner, I really appreciate it.

We appreciate the time DISH Network customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Broadcasting Corporation
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.com"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts