Mad Scientist Satellite Combination Question

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
Question for the mad scientists type.

I have a legacy system. Please no change to DishPro responses. It is what it is and it will remain that way.

I have a 6x4 switch looking at 3 birds.

I also have an unused Dish 500 Quad legacy sitting around. This has the 2 lnbs with a built in SW21 if memory serve me right.

Question #1 - If I use the Dish 500 and ran 2 of the outputs on the Quad to a pair of inputs on the 6x4, would my equipment see the 4 birds?

Question #1A - Could I then add a SW21 on the output of the 6x4 on legs 2-4 (1 has power invertor) and see 5 birds on 2-4?.

Question #2 - If I use the Dish 500 and ran 3 outputs on the the Quad to a SW21 on 3 legs (2-4) of the 6x4, would the system see 5 birds on output 2-4?

Thanks.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Question for the mad scientists type.

I have a legacy system. Please no change to DishPro responses. It is what it is and it will remain that way.

I have a 6x4 switch looking at 3 birds.

I also have an unused Dish 500 Quad legacy sitting around. This has the 2 lnbs with a built in SW21 if memory serve me right.

Question #1 - If I use the Dish 500 and ran 2 of the outputs on the Quad to a pair of inputs on the 6x4, would my equipment see the 4 birds?
no. You can put a SW21 AFTER the SW64 (or as you call it a 6x4 switch) but not before

Question #1A - Could I then add a SW21 on the output of the 6x4 on legs 2-4 (1 has power invertor) and see 5 birds on 2-4?.
see below....have to put the SW21's on the outputs of the SW64..not before...max satellites for Legacy is 4

Question #2 - If I use the Dish 500 and ran 3 outputs on the the Quad to a SW21 on 3 legs (2-4) of the 6x4, would the system see 5 birds on output 2-4?

Thanks.

The max for Legacy satellites to see is 4 and that is putting a SW21 on the outputs...

What about if I put the Dish 500 into a SW21 on the output of the SW64 and ran it to a Vip211. Could it that see all 5? 3 from the SW64 and 2 coming in from the Dual500 Quad into a SW21 on the output of the SW64?

And what would happen if I did that for legacy STBs? Would it just take the first 4 birds it found?

Legacy satellite capacity is 4 satellites. It CAN NOT see 5 satellites

Dish Pro setups can....Legacy cannot

btw: Why do you want to see 5 satellites?

Not if I want 61.5, 110, 119, 129, 148.

HD Locals on 129.

Secondary SD Locals on 61.5 thought moving to 110. CBS-DT on 61.5

Highbitrate Sho-HBO-PPV on 148

I know you didn't want to hear this but the ONLY way to get 5 satellites is DishPro.

n0qcu said:
I know you didn't want to hear this but the ONLY way to get 5 satellites is DishPro.

I think I got that point, but I was wondering what would happen if you used a Dish 500 wih a Quad that combines the 2 feeds together.

I would not mind a dishpro setup for the Vip211 if there was someway to combine it with the legacy equipment, but apparently there is no way to accomplish that for the Vip211.

If would be nice if I could put a Dishpro single on one bird, say on a SW21 and then feed the other 4 legacy birds to it on the other side of the SW21, but I guess that is a no go.

Break out the checkbook and get:

1x DPP44
1x DP21
5x Dishpro LNBs

Run the 4 sats you want to see on the legacy receivers into the dpp44. The 5th lnb goes to the dp21 along with one of the outputs of the dpp44. The output of the dp21 goes to your dishpro receiver which will see all 5. Your legacy receivers will see all 4 sats from the dpp44.

I used to run all legacy stuff too, but finally bit the bullet and upgraded. With the DPP44 you dont need any legacy adapters.

Derwin0 said:
WaveFrontier really needs to come out with a reversed DishPro lnb.

Actually, they know they have other problems because with 3 degree separation needed between lnbs (physical size of base) they are hosed on D* 99/101/103 combination.

After several conversations with them about this and other things - including the zinc metric hardware they use, they have alluded that most of their business is in Europe - not the USA and even the $10 to upgrade to steel metric connectors would make it uncompetitive overseas.

FWIW, I have spent close to $80 finding Metric Steel sizes on the net and replacing mine out. Living on Salt Water rusted the factory stock out in about 6 months.

about 5 months ago i did a deinstall/dishmover ( paid us to remove his old equipment and then relocate to new home) and the customer had a 94 switch if thats what you would call it, it allowed 4 satellites in plus antenna two lines per LNB the 4 outputs for receiver it also ad a power inserter and all legacy lnbf singles but it was working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts