madison hd locals

docgw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
any news?
also- when i watch espn hd's i can't see the whole screen, i have tried all the adjustments on the receiver and tv and nothing helps. i have an hd lcd 26" and a 32" hd both show the same thing.
thanks

You'll have to clarify what you mean. I've never had any problem with this channel as to seeing the whole screen. Sometime when an event is in 4:3 aspect ratio they put ESPN logo bars on each side. Again please clarify.

especially on espn news hd- they have extras on left side- scores, stats, other info. i can only see 10% of it, it is cut off. i've tried changing from16x9 to 4x3 and it keeps the same aspect. i've tried changing my tv settings and besides making the image larger or stretched, i still see the same amount of info. on some of the other hd channels, the channel logo is frequently cut off. for example - i might get the "us" of usa.
thanks

Which receiver do you have?

Check to make sure the receiver isn't in stretch or zoom mode also. That's separate from the menu 4:3 and 16:9 settings. That you're seeing the same picture when you change the TV sounds like that's a possibility.

i have a 722. the tv aspect doesn't matter. what are some of the receiver changes? i can't find the stretch/zoom settings?
thanks

i have a 722. the tv aspect doesn't matter. what are some of the receiver changes? i can't find the stretch/zoom settings?
thanks

The last button on the left * it says format by it . Cycle thru to make sure you are on normal.
Plus your tv aspect does matter. Make sure it is not stretching the picture

forgot about that button, i will give it a try tonight. i realize tv aspect matters- i should have said i tried all my tv aspect options and none made a change in how much of the picture i could see (besides zoom of course, i loose half the picture then)
thanks

it was the "#or*" button. i had tried it before on the 32" but i was using the wrong remote. it looks so much better.