'Magic City' on STARZ

hoophead

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 24, 2007
Wisconsin
STARZ Original series stars Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Red Dawn, Grey's Anatomy, etc) rules Magic City, a hotbed of sex, sin, and scandal in JFK-era Miami Beach

I watched the first episode on 3/30, and it replays many times. Just what the doctor ordered for men as far as I am concerned !

I was thoroughly unimpressed by the pilot episode. I actually fell asleep TWICE while trying to watch it. I will try a third time later this week. It moves slow and at first keeping track of the time line is a little hard. There are some anachronisms, but overall they got it the way I remember thing to be at the time (vis-a-vis: clothing styles, demeanor, etc.) I think they did overdo it a little in the smoking department. Everyone I knew in the 60s smoked like a chimney, but even so, these actors are going to need a lung transplant after a 7 year run.

I will give the series a fair shake and remind myself that I didn't care for the Sopranos until the the first season was almost over, then I had to catch every episode until the e

I was thoroughly unimpressed by the pilot episode. I actually fell asleep TWICE while trying to watch it. I will try a third time later this week. It moves slow and at first keeping track of the time line is a little hard. There are some anachronisms, but overall they got it the way I remember thing to be at the time (vis-a-vis: clothing styles, demeanor, etc.) I think they did overdo it a little in the smoking department. Everyone I knew in the 60s smoked like a chimney, but even so, these actors are going to need a lung transplant after a 7 year run.

I will give the series a fair shake and remind myself that I didn't care for the Sopranos until the the first season was almost over, then I had to catch every episode until the e

+1

Damn! First Boss and now MC?

Both excellent and can't draw enough audience. :(

When I started watching this one, I thought it was pretty slow because it did get off to a slow start. But as I kept watching, it became much more interesting to me. Sorry to see it go.
?

I'll be watching the start of White Queen, but from the promos and such I doubt it is one I'll end up following.

DaVinci is interesting and I tend to record and watch a mini-marathon at times. Looking forward to Black Sails.
?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts