MagicJack Phone Service

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
does anyone have this ? i can't find a cell phone i can use , so i am one of the only that have a land line for a phone ,and looking to cut out mine phone bill. but how can MagicJack work with your computer off? and does it work for your whole house or just that one phone that the MagicJack is plug into?
thanks

I don't have MagicJack, but two friends of mine do and it works awful when they call me, their voice cuts in and out, on my home phone and cell both. Oddly enough, if I call them, it doesn't cut out, it's only when they call me.

I myself have used a Ooma Telo for the past few years and it's been great. It cost me $125 up front [I think it's a little more now] but my bill is only $3.78 a month. It does need a high speed internet connection though.

I am a big Ooma supporter. Consumer reports rates them highly as well----usually above that of the standard landline carriers.

How exactly does the Ooma connect to your handsets? Do you need to use your existing rj11 wired wall jacks? My house's telephone wiring I believe has been compromised due to rodents or corrosion or something (haven't used a home phone in years). Is there any way to connect multiple phones in different rooms?

OOMa can connect to ordinary phones using the existing wiring but it also sells wireless handsets. I actually usea combination of the two. Wired handsets in rooms that have jacks and the wireless in several rooms that do not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts