Magnum P.I.

Yes, contrary to the revivals of Will & Grace, and now Roseanne and Murphy Brown, this will be a reboot, with new faces.

Jay Hernandez (Scandal alum)I will play the role of Magnum.

One thing I bet we won't see on screen is The Cosby Show with the original Bill ;)

I keep asking myself is it so difficult to come up with new ideas for new shows?

Even though CBS gave the go to Magnum, at least they passed on the Cagney & Lacey reboot (which already had Sarah Drew on its cast),

We watched it last night, she asked why? I replied because they can.
The only problem I can see is that it kinda looks like Hawai'i 5-0 due to the fact it's filmed on Oahu. Oahu is a beautiful island but the scenery is exactly like 5-0.

Sent from my iPhone X using SatelliteGuys mobile app.

Reactions: satjay
The original Hawaii 5-0 was a 60's show. There's a big gap between 5-0 & Magnum. Magnum P.I. was also supposed to be located on Maui.
Nope, no gap at all.

Hawaii 5-O ran from 1968 up until 1980. Magnum PI started the very next season.

Crime Television
Hawaii Five-O ran for 12 seasons, ... The production facilities built for the series were immediately put to use on another hit series based on the islands, Magnum, P.I. (1980-88)

The original Hawaii 5-0 was a 60's show. There's a big gap between 5-0 & Magnum. Magnum P.I. was also supposed to be located on Maui.

The last episode of the original Hawaii Five-O was first run on April 5, 1980. Magnum PI's first episode was first run on December 11, 1980. It was scheduled to debut in September but the actor's union went on strike. The series was sold to CBS in at least some part because it could re-use its assets in Hawaii, and because in that 3 channel era, just having a show set in a beautiful place was worth a few ratings points. In the first episode, and a few others, Magnum makes references to the Five-O unit. BTW, the first half of the first season is much darker with the characters more damaged by Vietnam than the rest of the show.

The show was set in Oahu. The estate used for exteriors is located at 41 505 Kalanianaole Highway. Multiple scenes throughout the series are in the urban center of Honolulu. Honolulu airport is identified as such in dozens of episodes.

The last episode of the original Hawaii Five-O was first run on April 5, 1980. Magnum PI's first episode was first run on December 11, 1980. It was scheduled to debut in September but the actor's union went on strike. The series was sold to CBS in at least some part because it could re-use its assets in Hawaii, and because in that 3 channel era, just having a show set in a beautiful place was worth a few ratings points. In the first episode, and a few others, Magnum makes references to the Five-O unit. BTW, the first half of the first season is much darker with the characters more damaged by Vietnam than the rest of the show.

The show was set in Oahu. The estate used for exteriors is located at 41 505 Kalanianaole Highway. Multiple scenes throughout the series are in the urban center of Honolulu. Honolulu airport is identified as such in dozens of episodes.
"Pahonu" located on the island of Oahu at 41-505 Kalanianaole Ave, Waimanalo Oahu Hawai'i was made famous in the TV series Magnum P.I. as the estate of Robin Masters. Sadly it was demolished last year by new owners from the mainland who bought it for 8.5 million dollars. Sadly it's being replaced by a modern "mega mansion". Another piece of old Hawai'i has bit the dust...

Sent from my iPhone X using SatelliteGuys mobile app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)