Major DVR 721 Trouble - Long HELP!!!!!

Update, the saga is now over. Dish has replaced the 119 LNB on the Super Dish due to sun damage.

As of now all channels are working, it only took 3 months, 5 tech visits, 7 boxes (i've lost track).

I told the tech to change the LNB because I was getting the lost lock message when the sun came up. I wouldn't get the channels back up until around 1 AM.

I still think that the 1.77 has ruined the 721 for good, the hard and soft reset takes forever to complete.

Kaydigi said:
I told the tech to change the LNB because I was getting the lost lock message when the sun came up. I wouldn't get the channels back up until around 1 AM.

OK, this is odd/funny/peculiar ... take your pick.

For many months I had been losing Satellite 110 in the evening when the sun went down, and I would not get 110 back until the next morning. Dish had me jump through zillions of hoops, but nothing worked ... until I talked to a CSR who knew what she was talking about. She said it was a bad LNBF, so she arranged for a new one to be sent to me. Because of previous bad experiences with Dish tech support, I didn't install the new LNBF for several months, leaving it sitting in the shipping box. Finally, one day when I had nothing better to do, I climbed up on the roof and replaced the old LNBF with the new one. A miracle. It worked. Since then I have had 110 all the time.

Your 721 wouldn't work correctly when the sun was up, and my 721 would not work correctly when the sun was down.

Hmmmm.

Richard

Me and a few of my customers have had two or three bad receivers in a row. Dish Network lately wants to blame me thinking it is something else but when I do tests at another home and get the same results and I KNOW that it is the receiver, it makes it very rough. The last time I went through this ordeal they told me they was going to require a tech to go to the home if this box they are sending did not work. I told them I was the tech and already done so. They also told me that they do not ship out bad boxes. She got real smart with me. They really ticked me off. I would make them pay the shipping fees. If you have the extended warranty then you do not have to pay for the shipping. You can also get credit for time without service on your account.

My 721 has been flaky lately but it is still recording the shows.

Stargazer said:
Me and a few of my customers have had two or three bad receivers in a row. Dish Network lately wants to blame me thinking it is something else but when I do tests at another home and get the same results and I KNOW that it is the receiver, it makes it very rough. The last time I went through this ordeal they told me they was going to require a tech to go to the home if this box they are sending did not work. I told them I was the tech and already done so. They also told me that they do not ship out bad boxes. She got real smart with me. They really ticked me off. I would make them pay the shipping fees. If you have the extended warranty then you do not have to pay for the shipping. You can also get credit for time without service on your account.
My 721 has been flaky lately but it is still recording the shows.

I want to get a 942 or 962 but after all this it may be time to bail on Dish.

I have had to replace a 110 lnbf for a customer earlier this year due to the signal not coming in on a hot summer sunny day until it was around 8 or 9 pm then the channels would come back. Replacing the lnbf fixed the problem permanently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)