Major Hopper 3 bug - black screens no sound

Brodieb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Maryville, MO
My H3 is having lots of black screens with no sound. Seems to be related to PTAT and Rio Olympics channels. Happens when Joey is in use or not. It appears to be unable to switch tuners and the tuner activity screen will sometimes show a locked event where there should not be one. Anyone else seeing this? Hoping it is not just my set up/DVR.

My H3 is having lots of black screens with no sound. Seems to be related to PTAT and Rio Olympics channels. Happens when Joey is in use or not. It appears to be unable to switch tuners and the tuner activity screen will sometimes show a locked event where there should not be one. Anyone else seeing this? Hoping it is not just my set up/DVR.
been getting a lot of that myself for the past week or so. Sometimes it reboots, sometimes not - it just stays black until I hit the panic button after a good long while.

I am sorry you all are seeing it as well - but also relieved it is not just me. One of the joys of living on the bleeding edge I guess.

Had this happen to me last night. First time. Family was like what happened? Was pushing buttons on the remote and it started chirping. Really weird. Had to do a reset to get it back.

Not seen the issue here yet, haven't watched any Olympic games either.

Just happened to me. I was switching between NBC and the RIO4K channel, After about 4 times the screen went black. I tried switching to other channels and they were black with no audio also. I was able to recover by turning off the H3 and back on.

Same problem. Tech came out and stated it appears to be due to a software update. Prime time recording seems to be part of the problem.. The only thing that works for me is are set. When it happens it also screws up the recording on the channels that go black. Tech support's only solution is to reset. But I am getting fed up with having to reset several times a day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: gizbug
I think the tech is incorrect or more would be having the issue. My H3 had the black screen issue some time back, but I haven't seen it in a very long time.

My only issue with video and the H3 these days is that sometimes if I switch from a 4K source (channel, Netflix or VOD), the TV loses sync. Not sure if it is the H3 or the TV and fortunately it doesn't happen often enough to get too worried.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had this happen to me for first time yesterday. Switched between Olympics on Nbc to 4k Olympics channel. Went black. Had to reset Hopper to correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)