Major League Baseball Sues Dish

LER

LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
Interestingly, this is about 2006 license fees that Echostar didn't pay (from what I can gather from the summons.

P

pdxsam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 11, 2004
Tigard, Oregon
Interestingly, this is about 2006 license fees that Echostar didn't pay (from what I can gather from the summons.

Wouldn't be surprised if the "settlement" included carriage of the baseball channel in 2009 and entry into EI again.

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
So, MLB didn't get all the fees it says it was entitled to and called a CSR, "Bob", who told them it would be corrected on the next statement. Man, I knew Bud Seleg was an idiot but this is ridiculous. Doesn't he know you have to call tech support during business hours, not customer support?

:rolleyes:

Chanz01

Chanz01

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 25, 2006
Maybe E* is going to get sued by the word "soon" for misrepresentation

R

Raymie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 17, 2007
Maricopa County, AZ
I would not want to be an attorney with Dish and E* right now. MLB v. Dish, NFL Network v. Dish, Voom v. Dish, and a bunch of other cases...

One more case to play ball (!) with. Already on the News Monitor.

D

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2006
The truth is that Direct TV and all the cable companies have just as many lawsuits either as plaintiff of defendant from media companies to outfits claiming patent infringement. We just tend to focus on Dish here and so does the press, for that matter.

C

chrisb83

SatelliteGuys Guru
Sep 11, 2006
San Francisco Bay Area
The truth is that Direct TV and all the cable companies have just as many lawsuits either as plaintiff of defendant from media companies to outfits claiming patent infringement. We just tend to focus on Dish here and so does the press, for that matter.

You might be right but it seems to me that I see E* name more in lawsuits than D* or comcast.

R

redsoxfan65

Mar 1, 2008
Does anybody think that with this lawsuit Dish will end up carrying EI again and the new baseball channel?

G

Greg Bimson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 21, 2004
No. The summons is asking for DISH to pay their programming fees from 2006. There is no other arrangement between the two, nor will there be.

Maybe Charlie should sign up for MLB Auto Pay.

H

hallrk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 28, 2006
DISH gets sued way too much for it just to be coincidence or just par for the course for a big company. As the old saying goes, "where there's smoke,there's fire". It just seems to me they like push the envelop way too far and too often in order save a few dollars here and there. In the long run customers,like myself,have to pay for these things in higher monthly bills.