Major S209 Error - PTAT Failure

hojni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
My Hopper #1 received S209 Thursday night (Hopper #1 received it Monday or Tuesday night); both from S207. All Joeys are now on the latest Joey software as well.

In order to maximize the number of tuners available for viewing and recording during prime-time, I have PTAT running on Hopper #2 only. Well, last night (4/27) I went to watch some Prime-time shows and found almost all missing - only the CBS shows from last night were in the PTAT folder. The PTAT timer shows that it recorded from 7pm to 10pm CST with no errors. No Friday night (4/27) prime-time shows from NBC, ABC or FOX are showing in the PTAT folder. Prior to the update PTAT has worked flawlessly on this Hopper.

I rebooted today to see if some internal pointer needed to update, no luck - only last night's CBS shows were in the PTAT folder.

Has anybody else seen this problem!!!!

Scott or the DIRT team can you please notify Dish of the error. It's definitely related to the S207 to S209 software upgrade. I am going to set PTAT on Hopper #1 tonight as a precaution.

The other issue that I've notice is that the "PT" logo only shows on the schedule sporadically (sometimes yes and sometime no); even with S207. No PT showing now on the schedule - even though I turned PTAT off and on again today to hopefully reset.

I am a little pi$$ed that I lost Shark Tank, Fringe and some other shows.

Now with both of my Hoppers running S209, I cannot get PTAT restarted at all. I tried turning PTAT off and on on the Hopper (#2) that been running PTAT flawlessly for a month before the S209 upgrade killed PTAT. I also turned PTAT on on the other Hopper (#1). Neither Hopper has even tried to start PTAT for two days.

The really wierd thing is the first attempt at recording PTAT the day that Hopper #2 received S209; only CBS was recorded. Something really weird is going on.

I have a couple of questions about PTAT
1.Is there a way to disable PTAT?
2. Does Dish force you to subscribe to local to get a Hopper?

I have a couple of questions about PTAT
1.Is there a way to disable PTAT?
2. Does Dish force you to subscribe to local to get a Hopper?
1: Yes, or just don't enable it at all.
2: I think all plans include locals unless you are grandfathered without them. Almost any account change can void some grandfathered features. If you are grandfathered without locals, PM DIRT to see how it would impact you.

1: Yes, or just don't enable it at all.
2: I think all plans include locals unless you are grandfathered without them. Almost any account change can void some grandfathered features. If you are grandfathered without locals, PM DIRT to see how it would impact you.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)