Major uplink activity Friday JUL. 14Th 2006

Foxbat said:
Hmmm, maybe some new Dish ECM?

I was thinking the same thing, perhaps dish messing with the DVB standard a bit to get non Dish receivers to lose the programming. Testing on 148 to see what happens before moving to the rest of the system.

Foxbat said:
Hmmm, maybe some new Dish ECM?

Typically you would see those with the smart cards and all, but not with the ability to read the system data tables. This is definatly weird.. Maybe dish is trying out a new transmission methods? sorta like DSS?

mike123abc said:
I was thinking the same thing, perhaps dish messing with the DVB standard a bit to get non Dish receivers to lose the programming. Testing on 148 to see what happens before moving to the rest of the system.

If thats the case that is bad news for the uplink reports.

What im still trying to figure out is when I look at the uplink reports manually, I get this wich i have never seen before in my life... inbetween 110's and 148's tps. It maybe nothing, yet it could be everything..

Reserved DescriptorDescriptor: Hierarchy Descriptor<BR> Hierarchy Type: Base layer<BR> Hierarchy Layer Index: 31 Embedded Layer Index: 42 Channel: 26<BR>Descriptor: Maximum Bitrate Descriptor<BR> Maximum bitrate: 101780500 bytes per second<BR></FONT><BR><HR ALIGN=LEFT>

Doesn't seem like anything is, gone.

If so I'd think there be reports from users that get those channels and other people pooping by like John H

BFG said:
Doesn't seem like anything is, gone.

If so I'd think there be reports from users that get those channels and other people pooping by like John H

Im just reporting what im seeing, Hopefully someone can get on and confirm this, Im too far east to be pointing that way, (trees in the way) otherwise I would be pointing a dish that way to see whats going on..

They just can't take international services and locals off 148. They will piss off too many customers who will disconnect!

Usually they send out letters and do free upgrades. Even when they moved Echostar 4 from 148 to 119 in 1999 to get DISH500 working, it still took them 60 days to make the move!

I remember they really pushed the issue too and aggressivly started contacting customers and flashing info on their screens they need to call to get a repoint. If im not mistaken, they where able to squeeze everything onto 119

As of 6:25 AM EDT this morning, the only over night changes in the system (other than sports moves) are channel 693 PTS changed EPG names to SKLNK.

There could have been system maintainance which temporarily removed those channels, but all seems okay now.

JohnH said:
As of 6:25 AM EDT this morning, the only over night changes in the system (other than sports moves) are channel 693 PTS changed EPG names to SKLNK.

There could have been system maintainance which temporarily removed those channels, but all seems okay now.

John, I do have them back now, That was crazy.. Its like there gone but they were not.. I did grab a video shot of it if anyone wants to see let me know so that way I can proove I wasnt drunk or anything. I must have caught it at the right time..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)