Making it Work

As the OP stated, this is from the 722's 2nd tuner. I am interpreting this as the plasma being a secondary set located somewhere away from the 722. Long HDMI cables would be expensive, as would the other cables types, except for coaxial.

As the OP stated, this is from the 722's 2nd tuner. I am interpreting this as the plasma being a secondary set located somewhere away from the 722. Long HDMI cables would be expensive, as would the other cables types, except for coaxial.

Is there such a thing as a component to coax converter that could package up the component output from the 722 to a signal that could be carried over coax, and then unpacked on the other side back into component to feed the 2nd TV? I'm sure it would be expensive and require power.

The coax home distribution jack is not going to look that good on a plasma. If you have to have 2 separate connections running separate signals, use the composite TV2 output. You can get a 50ft composite cable, yellow/red/white, from Monoprice.com for $14.00. It won't be hidef but better than coax.

If you just need to get the plasma hooked up to the 722 and it can run the same signal as the primary display, use the HDMI or component outputs, whichever is not being used for the primary display, for a better picture. You can get a 50ft component with audio, R/G/B+red/white for $20 from Monoprice and a 50ft HDMI for $53.

You can do an RF link from the TV2 outputs, as I do now with my 622. I use a device called "Leapfrog" that I bought from Best Buy some years back, but I'm not sure if they're available any longer from BB. Here's another link:

Terk LF-30S Leapfrog: Compare Prices, View Price History and Read Reviews at NexTag

There is (was?) also a similar product from Radio Shack. Either of these devices will take the composite A/V from the receiver and send it by RF at 2.4 GHz to a remote location, then convert it back to line-level A/V for direct input (RCA jacks) to the TV at that location. Your TV2 remote (RF) will take care of all the usual TV2 functions. The Leap Frog is good over moderate distances; I was using mine up to about 30'. But the antennas are quite directional and something passing in between might cause a temporary drop-out, so you might have to experiment with placement.

Alternately, use long-length component or HDMI cables as others suggested from the unused HD TV1 output to go to TV2. Of course, both TV sets will necessarily be watching the same program. If you have your receiver set to the "Single" mode then the TV2 remote will work from the TV2 location to change the TV1 programs/functions...

Thanks everybody for the advice... Yes the plasma is down in my office area downstairs and about 30 ft away from my other plasma and 722 feed. This one is only a edtv pro model monitor.that why it has no coaxial feed..

I wanted to do something similar, get the TV2 composite feed to a second TV. However, it was pretty far away, and I didn't want to have to try and fish three pretty big coax cables across a floor up walls, etc.

So I ended up getting a couple of baluns (here: Video + Stereo Audio Hi-Fi Transceiver) to use with Cat 5 cabling. I just had to run one small cable, and it works perfectly.

Well I just hooked up a dvd/vcr comb and ran the coaxial feed from the 722 2nd tuner and everything is working fine I want to thank everybody for your Help.....What a great place to be a member............

NCAA multicasts

What Harmony remotes will work with a Vip622

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts