What Harmony remotes will work with a Vip622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bernietr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
line of site ok but I need to work on both TV1 & TV2?

Harmony 890

I believe you will need the 890 as TV2 is UHF. The 880 does not have UHF capability.

The harmony remotes (I have had the 880/890 and now have the 1000) will work with all tv 1. The harmony remotes cannot learn the UHF commands from the dish remotes. The 890/1000 have the ability to transmit RF signals but cannot learn them to retransmit. Hopefully that helps.

I have the 880 and works great with TV1. You might look at the Monster central MCC 300, it works wih UHF and IR, a little more expensive but is a harmony, not just a logitech

880 works great with my 622, sony tv, jvc dvd, sony vcr (don't remember the last time I used it, though), onkyo receiver, and even my son's xbox.

I have the 659, 880, and 1000 Harmony Remotes. All work with the 622 and our 510. The only problem I've had is that the Harmony needs to use Remote ID #1. I'm not sure whether the Harmony could be set to control both TV1 and TV2 through IR. You change the remote id to match whatever signal Harmony is using, not the other way around.

You could get a Harmony RF wireless extender for the 890 or 1000. I don't think the RF codes from the Harmony can control the 622, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

I have the 880 and I am ina minority on this but I don't feEl that it has enough buttons fora DVR. Definitely look at one before purchasing it. I know that you would in the store but if you order online this is less obvious.

like I said I don't likE it but most do---and a visual inspection should let you know if it will be right for you.

Last edited:
I have the 880 and I am ina minority on this but I don't feEl that it has enough buttons fora DVR. Definitely look at one before purchasing it. I know that you would in the store but if you order online this is less obvious.

like I said I don't likE it but most do---and a visual inspection should let you know if it will be right for you.
I'm just curious, other than the DVR button (which is easy enough to create), what else is missing??

I have a Harmony 1000 that works well with the 622, my JVC LCOS TV, Yamaha 2700 Receiver and Denon DVD player. I also use the RF extender with the 1000. The extender receives the RF signal from the 1000 and converts it back to IR which is blasted to my AV cabinet via eight (4 pair) of individual IR blasters which you can place over the IR receiver area on the various components. The Harmony software allows you to program which blaster pair (A,B,C or D) controls which component. Pretty cool!

i have the XBox 360 harmony remote and it works with TV1 on both my 625 and 722. actually got it setup yesterday and had to call logitech tech support to get the codes changed so that it would work with my 722. my 722 uses remote address 2, (the 625 uses remote address 1 which is what the commands in the harmony database are setup for). unfortunately, it seems you cannot teach the remote the codes for remote addresses other than 1. note to others, when you call logitech tech support, tell the first person you talk to that you need to talk to a level two support person, they seem to be the only ones who know what you are talking about and can help you.

line of site ok but I need to work on both TV1 & TV2?

Any Harmony remote will work with vip622 TV1 just fine. You may have to remap some of the buttons (which is not too difficult).

As I understand, no Harmony remote can support TV2, as it requires RF. (In fact, I am not aware of any 3-d party remote comapatible with vip622 for TV2. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.) For TV2 you will have to use the remote provided by Dish. Some Harmony remotes use RF, but that's a different kind of RF, it won't help you.

Can the Harmony remotes (or any similar-type remote) deal with multiple remote addresses for multiple receivers? I have both a ViP622 and DVR 721 in my living room. Can a single Harmony control both boxes with different remote addresses?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)