Man! This makes me mad.

maximo

Original poster
May 28, 2004
I ordered dish and a dvr522. They said it would take about two to three weeks because I need a super dish to get my local channels. I told them that was fine; however, the tides began to turn. Dish scheduled the install for june 8th (yesterday), and then they called on the 7th to make sure I had permission from my landlord for the install which I did. About 30 mins later they called back and said the appointment on the 8th needed to be moved from 8-12 to 12-5. This by itself could have served as an inconvenience but thankfully I was still going to be home.

What really makes me mad is that they called on the morning of the 8th to tell me they could not install at all because they were out of stock of the dish I needed. I had to wait two to three weeks in the first place because they were out (at least that's what the guy said on the phone at dish) and now they're telling me I need to wait two more weeks. Oh but wait, I called back to ask more questions and the actual reason is because they were out of the 522. I simply can't understand why I wasn't notfied sooner or why they could not have prevented this from happening.

Ok............ Now that I got that off of my chest. I still would like to have dish and I'm going to let them install it if they ever do. I expected something stupid to happen such as this because of other stories I've heard.

Is this not ridiculous?

I don't want to allow this one event to dictate the way I feel about dish's entire company. However, it is still frustrating.

boba said:
Maximo you are learning, remember after they install you how little they cared before you were a customer.

boba, After you might replied, they installed him locals out of stock.

:)

boba said:
Maximo you are learning, remember after they install you how little they cared before you were a customer.
If you don't have anything good to say, why say anything at all ?? Talk about a troll.... And it's ironic that you install Dish systems while bad-mouthing them so much.

The Super?Dish may have been in stock. From what I've read today Dish had some probs with many Local markets losing signal. Maybe they put a hold on all installs until they got that fixed.

I had the same problem with the SuperDish. I called Dish network and they were out supposedly and extremely backed up. They could do an install in like 3-4 weeks however I started to look at the local paper and saw where some retailers would do the install within 72 hours so I called them.

Dish has contracts with certain companies and they get behind. My advice to you is look for a local retailer who can have you up and running in a few days. My retailer had me installed in 24 hours a lot better than 3-4 weeks heh.

It is my first post so I am gonna avoid being called a troll or whatever. I had Dish 4 years ago and they were just great a few months ago I tried them again and something had really changed. Their customer service was extremely poor but you know everyone has bad days.

If you dont like the service and want to cancel they are quick to tell you that you have to "climb on the roof and take the satellite down." so just in case you change your mind later (and you may) have the installer put the Dish in an easy location to take down. They wont come back and get it and in my case they put the dang thing right next to the electricity line.

Good luck!

I would never disagree with Dish having poor customer service. Only thing worse than calling them for something to get done is having them call you to explain how it's done.

cameron119 said:
What the hell did you just say?

I had no problem understanding him.

If Dish treats you like this when they are trying to court you as a customer (and, presumably, on their best behavior), imagine how it's going to be after they have your money.

Check this out. I called again to see if everything had been straightened out. My new appointment is officially set for Friday the 18th. Since Dish had to set my appointment time without knowing the exact date of when they would receive their new stock, it's possible that this Friday, Dish will delay my appointment again. I realize that is a worst case scenario. However, they said the stock of new 522's would "most likely be in.”

Because they shifted my time once and they're causing me to miss two days of work (actually one but they don't know that) and still can't guarantee an installation date, I called to check on some sort of verification. The guy on the phone said he understood the odd situation and told me to hold and he would see what he could do. I thought, "great, they would offer me something to compensate for the hard time and missed work... maybe a couple of channels for a month or two.” He gets back on the phone and said sorry, but there is nothing he can do because they couldn't have prevented it.

I know they could have let me know sooner. They told me the installation was cancelled the day of the installation. Anyways, sorry to ramble but I honestly think this is crazy. Hopefully, Friday the install will be completed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)