Man who fathered 30 kids says he needs a break—on child support

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the employer has to break it up and not pull over the percentage. Such a pain!
I do have some personal experience with this.... and dealing with the support agency is probably not pleasant. They were, at one time, so ignorant, it was a joke. They could run a "report" on a Thursday and I could show up as "behind" on a payment when my employer transfers the payment on Friday. Didn't matter.... One year they ran it on a day like that and decided to flag me with the IRS in order to get that missed payment from any tax return. And it was a "once we submit that notice to the IRS, we can't undo it" !!

How is it challenging for you ? You simply withhold what the court order says, do you not ?

No, the employer has to break it up and not pull over the percentage. Such a pain!

Every lien I've processed dictates to take a percentage of disposable income. Child support payments state a dollar amount, not to exceed a certain (normally 25) percentage of disposable income. Guy works different number of hours each payday. Then, what is disposable? Deduct for taxes and medical, but not dental? Unless the dental benefit is a part of the medical. Ignore vision insurance, AFLAC, etc? How about other child support orders? And that $100 per payday agreement to his ex-wife........ Alimony....... Education loans.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)