Manage the C31 from the main room?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

batter

Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
Is it possible to (temporarily) turn off the mini genie from the main room? My mini doesn't even show up in the 'whole house DVR' settings.

Not sure what your asking here..
In the Whole Home Settings, you should be able to turn sharing off (Share Playlist, No)... individual receivers don't show up though.. wish they did.
If it's particular titles your worried about, like say... "Spartacus" for instance (it's a hunch, seein as how the season premier was on last night..), then you could go into the C31's settings and set Parental controls and Ratings.. that would stop certain titles from being able to be played on that particular receiver.

Not sure what your asking here..
In the Whole Home Settings, you should be able to turn sharing off (Share Playlist, No)... individual receivers don't show up though.. wish they did.
If it's particular titles your worried about, like say... "Spartacus" for instance (it's a hunch, seein as how the season premier was on last night..), then you could go into the C31's settings and set Parental controls and Ratings.. that would stop certain titles from being able to be played on that particular receiver.

I probably should have been more specific. In f.e. parental controls you can set the amount of time you can watch, the spending limit etc. I know I can go to the room in question and set that all up, what I want is to do so from my main living room. This seems like it should be quite easy to add (if not already available) with all this equipment being connected. I noticed that in the 'Whole Home Settings' I can block externals, I thought that would block the access of the mini genie to the tuner as well, but apparently it does not (so now wondering what this option does do).

On the same note, the feature to watch TV online is kinda useless if I can not create a 'read-only' account. I do not want to give my Direct TV credentials to my kids where they might rent an overpriced ( $5.99, are you kidding me! I can get that movie from redbox for a buck) movie or sign up for a channel I do not subscribe to.

Yeah.. It's kinda messed up by DirecTV.. without going into a whole lot of detail.. there are a lot of people that agree that options should be available from the DVR itself.. It really would make a lot more sense.
Hopefully, the suggestions that (I know for a fact) have been put in by Customers and Employees alike, will be implemented and fixed.
If someone has multiple DVR's, in multiple rooms, it really does make more sense to set what can be shared, and to which receivers, from each individual DVR...
As a for instance.. Parents have a DVR in their bedroom, maybe they get frisky once in a while and record some adult stuff.. they dont want to share to the kids room, at least, not that stuff.
The Kids have a DVR in their room.. ALL content should be shared to the living room so theres nothing funny going on, but not to the parents bedroom, cuz they dont want their playlist all glommed up with nickalodeon...
Living Room DVR, Shared to all, but certain programs shared here, others shared there.. others shared to all......
Anyway, I happen to know that DirecTV is aware that there some things they're a little behind on, and hopefully, this is one of the things they will fix.

A C31 is not part of whole home, it's really "part of" the HR34, it won't appear in any list of receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts