Manual PID Entry and AZBox question

wbarrett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Jensen Beach, FL
I need some help getting the three CWs on 91W 3720 H 26700 to be recognized by my AzBox Premium+.

I have 74% quality but cannot get these services to read in at all. I read elsewhere that manual PIDs have to be entered. I have tried all kinds of combinations in "Advanced Scan" with no luck at all.

Now I only have tried entering APID, VPID and channel name. No idea what to put in for PMT PID, SID, PCR, Video Type or Audio Type to get these to come in. I also seem to be able to only have 1 PID entered at a time. I enter all three from 101 t0 201 to 301 and do a sacn. When I look at the Advanced Entry again, only the third PID entered is retained.

Can anyone with an AzBox point me in the right direction?
What am I missing?

===
Bill

wbarrett;
I am having the same exact problem on my receiver also. However, I am getting the CW channels on 3990 with no problem. So I will also be watching for an answer....
Thanks,

Keith

Thanks so much. I found and used your instructions and *almost* got the CW's up and running. I never would have found this on my on and gotten as far as I did. Who would have ever guessed that "Advanced Scan" really is "Manual Edit" and that the last step, "TP Scan", was not appropriate.

I think I have found another software bug though:

It seems that the Advanced Scan manual entry works only for the default A tuner but not the optional B tuner. I have my C-band coming in on the B tuner. Even though I go into the B tuner correctly from the "TV Channel" in "Settings", and enter the manual PID data correctly per the link above, I got a "NO SIGNAL" error when I went to the TV screen.

Took me a few minutes of troubleshooting. Other channels like Reelz on 91W were loud and clear. The CW's showed up just fine in the guide but showed no signal when I tuned to them. Going back into Setting, I still see 74% signal quality.

Then I note that the "A" tuner icon is showing for the three manually entered CW channels and not B as I have for the rest of the 91W channels. I physically swapped the A and B coax cables and lo and behold the three manually entered CW channels were there just fine.

So now my new issue:
There appears no way to tell the "Advanced Scan" to use B tuner to not default to the A tuner. When I go into MAZ I can see that the three CW stations are all on A tuner but I cannot see anyway at all to change them to B tuner.

So... does anyone know how to change A to B and in which of the data files?

===
Bill

Last edited:
Here is the correct link to the one I posted about (I had done cut and paste from an earlier post of mine and guess the link wasn't formatted correctly, yet I could get to it from that earlier post! Screwy!)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/231548-adding-channels-manually-2.html

I have never heard of the A/B tuner manual entry problem before. Of course, manually entry of PIDs is not something that is done a lot to begin with, so it may not have been brought up before. Will do a little searching!

I had read a few weeks ago that the CW manual entry feeds were leaving in favor of new HD feeds. I went to the manual entry feeds Sunday night and they were dark. I scanned G17 and came up with the HD feeds on the AZ Box Plus at 3991-14399-Horizontal-DVB 2-8PSK-FEC Auto-Pilot off. You DO NOT have to manual entry the PIDs. I would venture to guess that the exact FR and SR is 3990-14000. Video is brilliant.

No idea what to put in for PMT PID, SID, PCR, Video Type or Audio Type to get these to come in. I also seem to be able to only have 1 PID entered at a time. I enter all three from 101 t0 201 to 301 and do a sacn. When I look at the Advanced Entry again, only the third PID entered is retained.

I am not very technically advanced so bare with me on these instructions.

I have had maunal PID entry experience with various other receivers, but it took me awhile to figure t his one out. First of all the channels have to be entered one at a time. I don't know what PMT is so I leave it blank, SID stands for station identifiaction number (I think), if you are entering mulitple channels the SIDs have to be different. In this case with CWs SID 1, 2 and on each entry. You can use any number you want. If you have other channels on the TP you have to check and see what their SIDs are. You CAN NOT duplicate or the new channels will not come in. For me video type is a shot in the dark. Usually it will be MPEG2, MPEG2 HD or H264. Audio is usually MPEG2 or AC3. Once you get the video in you can mess with the audio until you get it if you don't hit the jackpot the first time. I know ths sounds complicated, but once you get the hang of it, it is quite easy

This what I have figured out and it works for me. It is possible that someone else has an easier method. If they do, please post it.

Thanks, Jim. This is an even better solution. I get the three CW Plus channels on 3990 H 14400 2/8PSK at 100% quality. I just deleted the A tuner manual PIDs and will declare victory.

===
Bill

Here is the correct link to the one I posted about (I had done cut and paste from an earlier post of mine and guess the link wasn't formatted correctly, yet I could get to it from that earlier post! Screwy!)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/231548-adding-channels-manually-2.html

I have never heard of the A/B tuner manual entry problem before. Of course, manually entry of PIDs is not something that is done a lot to begin with, so it may not have been brought up before. Will do a little searching!

Thanks Keith, got the info.

Keith;
Thanks from me also. I followed your procedure and it worked for me. I also applied the learning to KLUZ @ 4007 on 91W and got the audio to come in. Previously it scanned in without the audio. Not sure why, I just edited in following the examples for CW and now am just glad to have the audio.