Manual timer

sethwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Booneville, AR
I really wish they would fix the manual timers set from DRA!! Missed the NBC block of shows tonight cause it says "incorrect event"!! How is it incorrect, I told it to record on Thursday from 7-9pm, no event name! Also correct the protection setting when you make it too!!

Tired of having to babysit my schedule!

I really wish they would fix the manual timers set from DRA!! Missed the NBC block of shows tonight cause it says "incorrect event"!! How is it incorrect, I told it to record on Thursday from 7-9pm, no event name! Also correct the protection setting when you make it too!!

Tired of having to babysit my schedule!
For grins and giggles I just set a manual via DRA for 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM. It recorded that hour which was the end of one program and the beginning of another. What it showed in the daily schedule and My Recordings was the name of the first program. I have only used a manual occasionally and never had a problem. Maybe if I used them more often I would have a problem. :)

I came across your post, sethwell, and it caught my interest! Manual timers work fine. Event timers allow you to set up the receiver to tune in to and/or record an event. You can set an automatic event timer for a program listed with start and stop times in the Electronic Program Guide (EPG). A manual event timer allows you to set custom start and stop times for a timer.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any questions!

MikeL DISH said:
I came across your post, sethwell, and it caught my interest! Manual timers work fine. Event timers allow you to set up the receiver to tune in to and/or record an event. You can set an automatic event timer for a program listed with start and stop times in the Electronic Program Guide (EPG). A manual event timer allows you to set custom start and stop times for a timer.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any questions!

I'm aware of how to set a manual timer, that is not the issue. With the 922 you have to use DRA to set a manual timer. I use one on Thursday night to record the block of shows on NBC. I set the timer to record on Thursdays from 7pm to 9pm. Each week I have to go in to the timer schedule and restore the timer because it skips it because it is an "incorrect event". What I don't get is why it thinks it is incorrect since it was never given a name, only a time. A manual timer should not care what the event is only that it record on the day and time that is in the timer.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Pure speculation, but perhaps since they have settled the Tivo lawsuits, we can expect to get Manual Timers and Dish Pass on the 922 without the hassle of using DRA in the near future. I'll bet we see a lot of things working better in all the receivers.

There are a ton of these "Now with the TiVo settlement, can we get . . . " Let's be clear, ASFAIK, the ONLY patents regarding the TiVo vs. Echostar/Dish had to do with "Time Warp" technology: watching a previous recordings while recording live shows simultaneously. Not even "Trick Play" was at issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)