Manually Recording On Hopper

11555h

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2021
Southern Michigan
Is it possible to manually record a block of time on a certain channel not using the Guide. We get our network channels on OTA. On Sunday night my wife records a show at 8pm and 9pm both lasting an hour on CBS. We also record a show at 9pm on ABC. No problem. The problem is that the two shows on CBS generally don't start on time due to the football game running long. If I try and extend the end time of the two show by a half hour I have a conflict with the show on ABC because the guide will only let me record 2 channels at once. On Directv I could just manually record CBS for a 3 hour period which would eliminate the conflict since I wouldn't be using the guide and show the ABC show recording on the guide. I'm not aware of how to do that on Dish. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Larry

Reactions: charlesrshell
Is it possible to manually record a block of time on a certain channel not using the Guide. We get our network channels on OTA. On Sunday night my wife records a show at 8pm and 9pm both lasting an hour on CBS. We also record a show at 9pm on ABC. No problem. The problem is that the two shows on CBS generally don't start on time due to the football game running long. If I try and extend the end time of the two show by a half hour I have a conflict with the show on ABC because the guide will only let me record 2 channels at once. On Directv I could just manually record CBS for a 3 hour period which would eliminate the conflict since I wouldn't be using the guide and show the ABC show recording on the guide. I'm not aware of how to do that on Dish. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Larry
Set up a manual timer.

Thanks for the info. It worked. It is pretty easy when you know how. I had Directv for about 30 years and knew most of the tricks. Still learning what to do on Dish. Just have that for about 6 months. Thanks again for the tip.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)