March Madness Sportsmix

bobinraymoremo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
Raymore MO
All day Thursday and early Friday DirecTV had a great thing. They changed channel 205 to the 4 March Madness channels (CBS, TBS, TNT, TruTV). Then Friday it changed to 8 channels. 4 channels was watchable but 8 screens wasn't.

If DirecTV is lurking here, why did it go away?

Last edited:
I wonder if by contract or something they always have to have espn on there?

Cause even when they did the special college football national championship it was espn

Also some of their golf and tennis mix s are also espn

Here is proof, just the 4 March Madness channels
20220317_124720.jpg

Yew I know I took a photo too but just taking a while guess..

I wonder if it breached some kind of agreement with espn

Again idk just think of a random behind the scenes reason why it may have stopped

Yew I know I took a photo too but just taking a while guess..

I wonder if it breached some kind of agreement with espn

Again idk just think of a random behind the scenes reason why it may have stopped
If we have to put up with Lily we should be able to get the 4 screens

I don’t understand why they couldn’t have continued their sports mix channel while also offering a separate mix channel for march madness channels near the Turner networks, and also make it full screen, instead of having all that space and MM logo on the left? And why hasn’t the NCAA MM app added the ability to view all 4 games at once, multi game view?

Reactions: ejb1980 and dtv757
I was watching the 4-channel mix when it suddenly switched to the 8-channel. It changed when CBS dipped out and only 3 March Madness games were actually on. I wish it had come back later. They have done the 4-game mix before, and other mixes without ESPN. I bet there are contracts for what has to be on there during "Regular" hours, like the TVs in a sports bar, but I bet Directv can put anything they want for special events.

Reactions: dtv757