Mark at DishDepot Retiring

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjruby

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Nazareth, PA
Just received this email from Mark at DishDepot. Too bad. I've bought most of my Dish hardware from him many times over the years. Great guy to deal with.

Thank You For Your Business​

Well established domain name for sale after 23 years. Visit our website to purchase dishdepot.com. We have a minimal DISH inventory, 5 - 4k Joeys at $99 each is a great deal.

Annette and I have retired and are in the real estate business here in SW Florida. You can see our inventory at www.investinswflland.com - 1/4 acre lots start at $11,500. Acreage also available.
It has been a pleasure working with all of you over the years, very enjoyable. I wish all of you the best health during this time and great future for you families, children and grand children. Stay healthy.

Like Country Homes and Land on Facebook!​

That does seem like a good deal but I am waiting for the Joey 4 with 4K and HDR. :D

I purchased my second Hopper3 and Joey3 Dish receivers from Mark. He was very knowledgeable and helpful since at the time most Dish technicians knew nothing about using A DPH42 switch. They insisted I would need 2 separate Satellite Dishes. He always had competing pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have bought all my new receivers and traded in all my old receivers from Mark going back to the 501 model and 721 pvrs about 20 years ago. The last time I bought a receiver was my Hopper 3 in 2016. I will miss doing business with him. But I might be leaving satellite myself come January of 2022, after my 25th anniversary with DISH. Satellite is becoming way too pricey for what I watch and the fees associated with it I have always abhorred.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Sorry to see him go . I bought my hopper , hopper 3 . Joey 1 and 3 . A 922 and many other things. Claude should buy the domain just for spite. All of the dish fan boys would be heading to the dark side.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I was always happy with my purchases from DishDepot.com, and Mark was always great to deal with. The last thing I got from him was a Dish 1000.2 EA for our family vacation home. I can't remember the first receiver I bought, maybe the JVC HR100? I know I got my ViP 622 from him, and a couple of ViP 211 receivers.

What next, 2020?

Just received this email from Mark at DishDepot. Too bad. I've bought most of my Dish hardware from him many times over the years. Great guy to deal with.

Thank You For Your Business​

Well established domain name for sale after 23 years. Visit our website to purchase dishdepot.com. We have a minimal DISH inventory, 5 - 4k Joeys at $99 each is a great deal.

Annette and I have retired and are in the real estate business here in SW Florida. You can see our inventory at www.investinswflland.com - 1/4 acre lots start at $11,500. Acreage also available.
It has been a pleasure working with all of you over the years, very enjoyable. I wish all of you the best health during this time and great future for you families, children and grand children. Stay healthy.

Like Country Homes and Land on Facebook!​
Sorry to hear this. Dish Depot was great. I bought my vip211k from them.

Very sad to hear that Dish depot is out of the game now.

So, what other options do we have to get satellite equipment besides Solid Signal?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando SatelliteGuys

Dish Network=too expensive,
Amazon,eBay= sometimes hard to find an specific satellite item, when you need it. (sometimes not that hard)
Local retailer= most of them don’t want to sell receivers/accessories for self-install, if they sell something, it must be installed by them.
Craigslist= a good option, but sometimes you find that the receiver you bought, is leased or has a balance on it.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando SatelliteGuys

Slightly off topic, but if I have an owned Hopper 3 and 4K Joey and I cancel my service, what can I do with them? Can they still watch and record OTA channels? Can they access recordings indefinitely? Or will they lose those capabilities when they are no longer activated?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sad to see him leave as well. I can't recall the number of switches and boxes I purchased from him over the last 20 years. It was always a case of Mark/DishDepot having fair prices--as in MSRP or sometimes LOWER--compared to what Dish wanted. When I got my Two Hopper 3 order set to go with Dish, the ExecCSR came back on line and said they wanted to charge $500 for the second H3, after they had all sorts of discounts and waivers for me because of loyalty. I had already researched and knew how much DishDepot was selling the H3, so I told the CSR that I would provide the 2nd H3 and I could get it for much less, much closer to MSRP, and that $500 was a RIP.

It was great dealing with a business that was reputable and run by a good guy who knew what he was doing and wanted his customers satisfied. I guess Solid Signal is where I may have to go from now on. I can't always trust Amazon because the seller is often a 3rd party (I saw something that stated that 3rd party sellers are now near or OVER 50% of Amazon sales), and, as a rule, Amazon does not stand behind the 3rd party seller. Times don't always change for the better.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I can't always trust Amazon because the seller is often a 3rd party (I saw something that stated that 3rd party sellers are now near or OVER 50% of Amazon sales), and, as a rule, Amazon does not stand behind the 3rd party seller. Times don't always change for the better.
False.

Reactions: rvvaquero

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts