Martha Stewart 24/7

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Just what we needed....

NEW YORK - Six weeks after being released from federal prison, Martha Stewart has reached a deal with Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. to create a 24-hour channel featuring cooking, gardening and entertaining programming for women.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7544369/

Neutron said:
Just what we needed....

NEW YORK - Six weeks after being released from federal prison, Martha Stewart has reached a deal with Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. to create a 24-hour channel featuring cooking, gardening and entertaining programming for women.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7544369/
Maybe the wiseguys will invite her on... :D or she could be the fourth Quota...

With Martha's 12 million readers of her primary magzine, I applaude Sirius on this move. More than a few female subscribers will come. My wife loves it and can't wait until the first show.

Women do have the vote and know how to write checks and they even buy cars.

MARTHA

True, I just not sure about Martha since her little "fib" about her stock sale.

Sirius_Rich said:
With Martha's 12 million readers of her primary magzine, I applaude Sirius on this move. More than a few female subscribers will come. My wife loves it and can't wait until the first show.

Women do have the vote and know how to write checks and they even buy cars.

MARTHA

I'm going to disagree on this one. I do not think this is a good deal at all. I heard rumors that they are paying her 7 million a year to do this show. She definetly isnt worth 7 million a year. I hope Sirius's plan works out for them because they are throwing money around like they are printing it in thier basement.

minorthr said:
I'm going to disagree on this one. I do not think this is a good deal at all. I heard rumors that they are paying her 7 million a year to do this show. She definetly isnt worth 7 million a year. I hope Sirius's plan works out for them because they are throwing money around like they are printing it in thier basement.

I called Sirius IR yesterday and asked about this deal and its financial terms. I was told there would be no 8-K filed. Ad revenues and new subscriber generation revenue sharing is the plan. The $30 million, MSO oficials say about the worth of the agreement is from the revenue sharing.

Wall Street and others feel this deal is a good one for both companies. As an example:
(talking about Viacom's earnings)
Not only did Karmazin still get $35 million in bonuses and salary under his contract, he has since moved on to the CEO spot at Sirius Satellite Radio (nasdaq: SIRI - news - people ), where his famous iconoclasm can enjoy freer reign to shape the future. Indeed, his new charge is already seen outshining much larger rival XM Satellite Radio (nasdaq: XMSR - news - people ) (see: "Study Shows Sirius Has Brand Awareness Lead Over XM") thanks to hot acquisitions like NFL games, Howard Stern (beginning in 2006), and now, Martha Stewart.

I think that the biggest problem with this deal is that alot of what martha stewart does is visually based and it doesn't really translate to radio. As long as they can program it properly then it may work out but in the end I predict this deal turns out to be a dud.

who says cooking shows are only for women?!? As a foodie as well as a satelliteguy, I'm offended.

Then again, Martha gives me the heebie geebies. I'll stick to Chef's Table on NPR-Now.

I am as well as my wife looking forward to the chanel. My wife is in the car with me and this gives her somthing to do. We are in the car 4 to 5 hrs a day and you can get tired of the same old thing. This may be a good thing, we get over 120 chanels and I like different things. I hope they add Food-Network and DIY and History.

It might be nice to know when to plant the bulbs and trim the myrtles. Does anyone know to plant a vegetable garden or make a wedding dress? (I'm sorta kidding). :D

Was flippin thru the channels and saw that it will be on 131.

Just what I need... How to make the perfect creme brulee while sitting at a traffic light... *sigh*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)