Marvel "Agents of Shield"

I think they will be able to salvage the show. It really picked up during the last few episodes, if it can build on the new direction it should build an audience.

The one thing that I do believe that was stressed in the article is that this show is a slave to the writings of the movies. So because Capt. America dismantled Shield , the show has to deal with the out come. Meaning that they can't move on till another movie carries the story along past this point. Unless they can unentangle the show from the movies and let it stand on its own, this will always be the case.

Last edited:
The pretty much just did that. By making Coulson and his team the "New Shield" not operating with any government knowledge, they pretty much have a clean slate to do what they want as far as the show goes.

I imagine they will still make events in future movies have impacts in the show though, as shown since the latest Captain America movie, that made for some good TV.

The one thing that I do believe that was stressed in the article is that this show is a slave to the writings of the movies. So because Capt. America dismantled Shield , the show has to deal with the out come. Meaning that they can't move on till another movie carries the story along past this point. Unless they can dis-entangle the show from the movies and let it stand on its own, this will always be the case.

Well maybe... The "Thor impact" was like a minute shot of them at the end battle scene looking for any technology left behind, not exactly much of a movie tie in compared to Captain America.

Agents of SHIELD wrapped its freshman run with 5.2 million viewers and a 1.9 rating, steady week-to-week. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Finale: 13 Super Moments http://tvline.com/2014/05/13/agents-of-shield-season-finale-fury-returns-garrett-dead-skyes-father/ ‘Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ season 1 finale recap: Agent Coulson gets a major assist in 'The Beginning of the End' http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ch...-beginning-blog-entry-1.1791581#ixzz31nN8y5aU 'Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season Finale: Five Things That Worked http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...nale_n_5324781.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

I am dying for any scoop on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.! Please tell me you have something.
As a matter of fact, just as the season finale faded to black on Tuesday night, we asked Clark Gregg about Coulson’s plum new job title. “It’s a very important gig,” he acknowledged. “I saw it [Monday] night for the first time myself, and I got choked up watching it. As someone who grew up reading the S.H.I.E.L.D. comics, I kind of couldn’t believe what I was seeing. It is a big deal” — especially given the second post-credits scene, which suggested that all is not right in Coulson’s mind. “I think it’s interesting that Director Fury gave Agent Coulson this job, given that he still has GH-325 pumping through him,” Gregg observed. “We don’t know 100 percent what he is, but we’ll see what happens. It’ll be an exciting Season 2.”

Well maybe... The "Thor impact" was like a minute shot of them at the end battle scene looking for any technology left behind, not exactly much of a movie tie in compared to Captain America.

Though the Thor movie didn't mess with the very premise of the show's existence: SHIELD. Capt. America dismantled the whole department at the end and that is something that will effect the tv show till it is addressed in another Marvel Movie yet to come. They can take a side step and establish themselves as the Super Secret Shield department in the tv show ,but another movie will address this issue and the tv show will have to react and change to be in step with the changes.

Garret and Coulson's etchings look familiar. I thought they looked like what was on the wall when Ward had to seduce the guard.

I enjoyed the finale. But of course I didn't expect a tv show to be 22 theater quality movies.

Was a great build up during the season and a great completion.
I also like Trip better than Ward, his light attitude is much better than Mr. Serious. Be interesting to see what's on tap for season 2, especially with Skye and the mystery behind her.

And what happened to Garrett at the very end was worth the price of admission. :D

And what happened to Garrett at the very end was worth the price of admission. :D
Here I was trying to figure how he got out of the container and all was revealed. I always liked the lines Clark Gregg got to deliver!

Did we see Fitz after he and Simmons were pulled from the Gulf? He may not be in very good shape after breaking an arm and the bends.

Did we see Fitz after he and Simmons were pulled from the Gulf? He may not be in very good shape after breaking an arm and the bends.

Just finished watching the series today. No they did not show Fitz. I'm guessing he is brain dead and will need some of the potion they used on Skye.

I haven't read the comics or seen any of the Marvel movies so I'm surprised to say I really enjoyed it even without the background info. I may catch The Avengers to fill in the back story a bit.

I read all the comments in this thread and I wonder if watching the whole series over the span of a week might be better. I didn't have much of a chance to go looking for plot holes and just enjoyed the ride. :)

Reactions: Annie61
Can I get some scoop on S.H.I.E.L.D.?
Now that we’ve finally been fed scraps of info on Coulson’s resurrection, the next reveal to wow you may involve Skye’s search for her momma. “There’s a lot more to the story of Skye’s parentage than meets the eye, and that comes up in the next couple of episodes,” Clark Gregg told me. “She turns out to have a mystery of her own, one that is as existentially startling and threatening as anything Coulson’s dealing with” — which is saying something! Oh, and Ming-Na shared with us this teaser about an upcoming episode: As Melinda May, “I get to put on an interesting outfit. Let’s put it that way.
http://tvline.com/2014/01/10/the-mentalist-lisbon-boyfriend-spoilers-ncis-shield/

I may catch The Avengers to fill in the back story a bit.

It turned out just watching The Avengers wasn't enough. I went back and watched all the movies except the newest which isn't available online until August. As I commented above, I have enjoyed the ride.

Can you give us a hint on how Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Ward will find himself working alongside the people he betrayed?
“Alongside” is perhaps an optimistic way of viewing things! As exec producer Maurissa Tancharoen reminds, “He did very bad things” toward the close of Season 1. That said, “He’s in our custody now, and he’s a great villain to have around.” And he WILL be around. “Ward is definitely in the mix” as Season 2 opens, says EP Jed Whedon. “Brett [Dalton] has done a great job, and we love who Ward has become.”
https://tv.yahoo.com/news/matts-inside-line-scoop-arrow-castle-ncis-criminal-200140377.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts