Marvel releases first 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer after it leaks online

'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Ending, Credits Sequence Explained (Spoilers Galore!) https://www.yahoo.com/movies/age-of-ultron-ending-credits-spoilers-thanos-117741003127.html
Be warned, this whole post is a giant spoiler.At the conclusion of Avengers: Age of Ultron, the Avengers as we know them have disassembled. Tony Stark drives off to parts unknown in one of his countless Audis. Hawkeye retires to the countryside to become a family man. Thor heads back to Asgard to deal with a looming Armageddon. Hulk is literally off the grid. And Quicksilver is dead.Credits roll. And then Thanos, that familiar snarling purple space villain, whips out a golden glove. What does it all mean? Director Joss Whedon crammed in a befuddling amount of details in those waning minutes; we're here to unpack the ending for you.Perhaps the most jarring fallout is that Earth’s Mightiest Heroes are a little less mighty. Lone holdovers Captain America and Black Widow are left overseeing a lineup that includes newbies Vision and Scarlet Witch alongside hitherto sidekicks War Machine and Falcon.

'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Is On The Road To Setting A Dangerous Precedent http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothy...ekend/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix
By the time you read this, millions of people will have already seen Avengers: Age of Ultron. The film opened early on Thursday and by the end of its first weekend in theaters it could bring in as much as $260 million at the domestic box office alone.That estimate is at the top of my colleague Scott Mendelson’s estimate for opening weekend but considering the hype and excitement around the film (which has already earned $255 million abroad), it’s not hard to believe the new Avengers film could hit those numbers. That would give Age of Ultron the highest opening weekend of all time. The film could earn $500 million globally some time next week.While that’s great news for Disney shareholders, it’s not necessarily great news for the movie industry.

Here's Why Loki Was Cut from 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' https://www.yahoo.com/movies/loki-age-of-ultron-cameo-cut-scene-117884878222.html
Avengers: Age of Ultron may be stuffed with beloved comic book characters, but at least well-known villain was left on the cutting-room floor: Loki, the bad-ass Asgardian who was played by Tom Hiddleston in 2012?s The Avengers, as well as the two Thor films.According to MTV News, Age of Ultron writer-director Joss Whedon did shoot a scene with Hiddleston, only to leave it out of the finished film: “We did shoot something, but it didn’t play,” he said. “The movie has so much. It’s so filled. We didn’t want it to feel overstuffed. I really wanted to have Loki in it, but I understood the decision … at some point the embarrassment of riches is actually embarrassing.”But don’t fret, Norse-lovers: Hiddleston is slated to play Loki once again, in the forthcoming Thor: Ragnarok. Alas, you’ll have to wait for 2017 to see him swing his wicked scepter — a wait that, for Marvel fans, must surely feel like an infinity.

Watched it last night. I am not a big Avengers fan, but some action scenes looked absolutely spectacular, especially on a gigantic IMAX screen and in 3D! :up

'The Avengers: Age of Ultron' Cast's Past TV Gigs https://www.yahoo.com/tv/-the-avengers-age-of-c1430254809157.html
Three years after their inaugural mission, Marvel’s mightiest heroes, The Avengers, are back in action for the highly-anticipated sequel, The Avengers: Age of Ultron. While they may be big-screen superheroes (or supervillains) now, almost every member of the cast has at least one notable TV gig in his or her past. Here’s a look at the actors’ television histories before they enlisted in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I took Friday afternoon off and caught a matinee showing (not 3D, however). I probably need to see it again as I felt like I missed a few things.

The worst thing about Avengers: Age of Ultron is Ultron http://www.vox.com/2015/5/5/8551231/avengers-age-of-ultron-villain
This article contains major spoilers from Avengers: Age of Ultron.Live fast, die young.That's the life of almost every Marvel villain in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Over the past seven years, we've watched Marvel develop the Avengers from the ground up. It's been like seeing a game of chess play out on the silver screen. Their evolution began in 2008 with Tony Stark, whose story became a gateway to introduce us to Black Widow, and then S.H.I.E.L.D. Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, and the Hulk soon joined the fray. And in 2012, this chess game saw its first giant move when the Avengers finally came together on screen.

Why 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Killed Off the Wrong Character https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/why-avengers-age-ultron-killed-235000063.html
Avengers: Age of Ultron alive. Director Joss Whedon warned us as much, and he’s not one to renege on killing off beloved characters. But we still weren’t prepared for the fact that they’d kill off the wrong character!(SPOILER ALERT: Stop reading if you haven’t seen Age of Ultron yet. We’re about to discuss what happens at the end of the film and which hero ends up six feet under.)

Box Office: 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Passes $1 Billion Worldwide, How Will Marvel Recover? http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...cover/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix
Thanks in part $90 million in the first four days of play in China and a whopping $76m this far in South Korea among other markets, Walt Disney's Avengers: Age of Ultron has passed $1 billion worldwide today. It was at $990 million as of yesterday, so it should be passing the magic milestone by the end of this sentence. It is the 21st film to cross the respective box office milestone, doing so in its 24th day of global play. That’s among the faster such dashes, doing the deed slower than Furious 7 (17 days) and the 19 days needed for The Avengers, Avatar, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part II. The only questions are whether it hits $425m-450m domestic or $450m-$500m domestic as well as whether or not it can pass the $1.5 billion total of The Avengers (and soon Furious 7). Obviously a big part of that puzzle is how much the film makes in China (and eventually Japan) with the always present caveat being that studios get back less of the ticket sales from China theaters and that international deflation has pushed down the pure dollar grosses for would-be blockbusters. This should pretty much clear up the idea that Avengers: Age of Ultron is in any plausible way damaging either in the short term or the long term to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. There are no permanent cracks in this system quite yet and it’s every bit as possible that the next Marvel movies can be great or terrible in relatively equal probability.

My friend's birthday was this weekend and instead of "Mad Max: Fury Road" or "Tomorrowland" he wanted to see "Age of Ultron" again. This time we saw it in Real 3D. I don't know if it was a case of having digested the movie and now being able to pick up new things this time around, or the 3D effectively putting you in the middle of the action, but my so-so reaction to this movie has changed to a solid "See it!".

Reactions: Annie61
Why 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Killed Off the Wrong Character https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/why-avengers-age-ultron-killed-235000063.html
They definitely did...... I was so irritated., and unfortunately as we were leaving the theater walking by the group of people waiting for the next showing, I said I can't believe they killed ******** :rollingeyes. My husband said I'm glad you enjoyed the movie (which I did other than that) but those people won't. I really felt bad., dumb*** that I am.

Reactions: Foxbat
How ‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Should Have Ended http://screenrant.com/how-avengers-2-age-ultron-should-have-ended/
Who hasn’t wanted to change a highly anticipated film’s disappointing ending? Fortunately, the gang at How it Should Have Ended make it their business to provide a great way for disgruntled film fans to vent via laughter. The creators of the web-series are pros at spotting flaws in films, using animation to poke fun at both plot holes and unsatisfying endings.Now, with The Avengers: Age of Ultron having debuted a month ago, and the film’s finale long since revealed, How it Should Have Ended is now doing what it does best: humorously lambasting the film’s ending in a newly released video.In it, the animators primarily poke fun at Ultron, the villain of the film, by exploring his potential to penetrate the internet and the ensuing chaos that would’ve undoubtedly resulted (if only he’d thought to exploit the near limitless possibilities of those powers). To humorous effect, Ultron manipulates the internet, forcibly crashing cars and planes, messing with Tony Stark’s bank accounts and Iron Man suit, before finally (gasp!) taking away The Avengers’ access to cable.

Avengers 2: There May Just Be a Pop Epic Somewhere Inside Marvel's 'Disappointing' Age of Ultron Mega-Hit http://www.huffingtonpost.com/willi...just_b_7758956.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
For what's turned out to be one of the biggest hits of all-time -- likely finishing its first release run at number 6 on the all-time worldwide box office list and number 8 on the domestic box office list -- the not especially felicitously titled Avengers: Age of Ultron has gotten a lot less love and devotion than the numbers would suggest. And the numbers themselves, at least in some circles perhaps predisposed to backlash against the ongoing success of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, are a tad disappointing.Naturally, some important spoilers ensue.Yes, with its Japan opening over the weekend suggesting it will end up with something under $1.5 billion in worldwide box office, Avengers 2 is ending up within at least distant hailing distance of The Avengers. But its domestic performance, which will end under $460 million, is a far cry from the first film's stunning $623 million. And the worldwide performance will end up bested both by 2015 rivals Jurassic World and Fast & Furious 7. With the Star Wars reboot, initially expected to be the Avengers only real box rival this year, still waiting in December.

Why Was Vision Able To Lift Thor's Hammer In Avengers: Age Of Ultron? http://news.yahoo.com/why-was-vision-able-to-lift-thors-hammer-in-220923809.html
[Warning, spoilers follow]..In arguably ‘Age of Ultron’s’ most amusing scene, the Avengers gather at Stark HQ and, after a few drinks, decide to take turns to see who can lift Mjölnir, Thor’s hammer.Sounds easy enough, especially when you’ve got the likes of Steve Rodgers’ super-strength and Tony Stark’s Iron Man suit. But think again, because no one can lift Thor’s hammer.. unless they’re deemed ‘worthy’, that is.This, in turn, leads to the film’s other laugh-out-loud moment: the point where Vision casually picks up and hands the hammer to an amazed Thor. Everyone else is a bit stunned, too.But how is this possible?

'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Blu-ray Release Date Announced https://games.yahoo.com/news/avengers-age-ultron-blu-ray-134300492.html
It feels like it's been a while since we saw Avengers: Age of Ultron in theaters. There might actually be some people that still haven't seen it. Disney and Marvel Studios have announced the release date for the Blu-ray combo pack plus the Disney Movies Anywhere digital release date.The Blu-ray combo pack will have never before seen deleted scenes, making-of featurettes, a gag reel, and audio commentaries. The DVD just contains the making-of featurette.Marvel Studios unleashes the next global phenomenon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: MARVEL’S AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON, arriving on Digital 3D, Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere September 8th and on 3D Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, Blu-ray, DVD, Digital SD and On-Demand October 2nd! The iconic heroes are forced to reassemble and face their most intimidating enemy yet- Ultron.Here's the Blu-ray trailer. Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron - Blu-ray Trailer.....The biggest adventure yet in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron," heads to your home on 3D Digital and Digital HD on September 8 and one 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD, Digital SD and VOD on October 2! .....

Was 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' A Failure In The Eyes Of Hollywood? http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...ywood/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix
I have had a jolly good time all summer making fun of the rather insane reaction to the “fantastic by any rational standards” box office performance of Avengers: Age of Ultron. The box office pundit class exclaimed ”superhero fatigue,“ that Avengers: Age of Ultron (which, for the record, I didn’t like) was a testament to how the Marvel Cinematic Universe was fatally flawed in construction, and that it was killing popcorn entertainment. The cries that the film was a genuine failure were curious to say the least given that it opened with $191 million, ended its domestic run with $457 million (eighth biggest ever) and its worldwide run with over $1.4 billion (No. 6 all-time). It’s a good narrative, to be sure: the once high and mighty rendered low by dinosaurs and fast muscle cars, the tent pole machine that is Walt Disney DIS -1.00% undone by Universal/Comcast CMCSA -1.82% Corp. and its comparably human-sized smashes.But in all my sarcastic headlines and tongue-in-cheek commentary, I presumed that the folks at Marvel and Disney were pretty okay with their $250m-budgeted sequel earning $1.4b worldwide. But according to an article by Rich Johnson of Bleeding Cool, that might not be the case.

Avengers: Age of Ultron’s Unused Grey ‘Berserker’ Hulk Explained http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-grey-hulk-explained/
One of the most well-known creations of comic book legends of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby from the ’60s is that of The Incredible Hulk, one of the founding members of The Avengers. The Hulk is the rage-fueled alter ego of Dr. Bruce Banner and serves as Marvel’s analog of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and while he’s most easily identifiable by his enormous size and green color, the Hulk wasn’t always that way.In fact, Stan Lee originally intended The Incredible Hulk to be grey in color but ink for comic printing presses made that difficult and his color was changed to the more vibrant green. Still, the grey color of Hulk remained in the lore, written into Marvel stories as another Hulk persona inside of Banner. Where green hulk was savage and uncontrollable, grey hulk was quite intelligent and later authors named this version “Joe Fixit.” Fixit even wore fancy clothes while serving as a bruiser in Las Vegas. That Hulk may never exist in the movies, but this summer’s Avengers: Age of Ultron almost introduced another version of Grey Hulk.Just as Marvel’s Avengers sequel kicked off the 2015 summer movie season so did its overwhelming marketing campaign which included a bevy of behind-the-scenes featurettes and interviews. In one of these, the Industrial Light & Magic special effects crew revealed that during the film’s Hulkbuster sequence, the Hulk was going to turn grey as as result of Scarlet Witch messing with his mind.

This ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' fan theory could explain how one superhero got his powers http://hellogiggles.com/age-of-ultron-fan-theory/
OH MY ULTRON, stop what you’re doing and listen up, because there’s a new theory out there about the Avengers and its absolutely brilliant. It’s also SO SIMPLE, we can’t believe we didn’t pick up on this before. Avengers: Age of Ultron might have slipped in a huge reference to another Marvel character, and one we haven’t seen before. You ready?There are a few parts to this theory you need as backstory. For one, remember Helen Cho? She’s the doctor who patches up Hawkeye after he’s injured at the very beginning of the movie. She’s also who Ultron forces — under mind control — to create a new body for him in her “pod.” Now, later on in the Marvel timeline (not seen in Ultron), Helen is going to have a son named Amadeus. And actually coming up very soon (in our present day world), Amadeus is going to become the Hulk in a brand new Hulk comic series.Reddit user maaaahsin has now got a pretty great theory that Amadeus is actually IN Ultron, because Helen was pregnant during the movie.“Helen Cho was pregnant with [Amadeus] during the event,” maaaahsin writes, “When Ultron uses the scepter housing the Mind Gem on her so she will use the cradle to create his new body, it fundamentally changes the developing fetus and explains his off the charts ‘superhuman’ intellect as he grows up.”

Deleted 'Age of Ultron' Scene Explains That Weird Thor Cave Sequence http://news.yahoo.com/deleted-age-ultron-scene-explains-132517992.html
As Marvel gets ready for the DVD release of Avengers: Age of Ultron on Oct. 2, they've released the first of what will probably be quite a few deleted scenes from the film. It makes sense that they'd want to go ahead and get this one out there, though, because it helps explain one of the most out-of-place and complained about sequences in the film – that part where Thor goes to a cave with Erik Selvig and has some crazy visions inside a pool. Here's what Joss Whedon had to say about the scene on the Empire Podcast (via Comic Book Resources):

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)