Marvel Studios: The Marvels

Everyone’s tired of superhero movies. I lost interest with Infinity Wars.
I think it may be more an issue of people's fancies not being tickled by female-dominated (both on the cast and production sides) superhero content. The last couple such movies I watched were just trying too hard to promote females to the sacrifice of a good story.

Reactions: norman881
Watched tonight. Meh, as expected.

Maybe they have killed off the Marvelverse, I don’t know.

I‘ll go back and watch Ironman again. :)

The promo for the coming installment doesn't look a whole lot more promising.

Things have been pretty grim on the lady's watch at both Marvel and DC.

The promo for the coming installment doesn't look a whole lot more promising.

Things have been pretty grim on the lady's watch at both Marvel and DC.
Things are bad for all studios, not just Disney and Warner.

They predict Total Box Office will be a billion less then last year.

We are now in a transition, 2-3 year to streaming ( by the end of that timeframe, everyone will know where the business is going), people are trying to figure out our new world, which includes how long it takes movies to arrive on streaming services .

Things are bad for all studios, not just Disney and Warner.
I'm not talking about revenues as the revenues (hopefully) come after the movie is released.

I'm talking about the relative goodness (popularity, commitment to canon, etc.) of the product.

In theory, if the films are any good, the revenues will follow. We shouldn't forget the lesson of The Blair Witch Project.

I'm not talking about revenues as the revenues (hopefully) come after the movie is released.

I'm talking about the relative goodness (popularity, commitment to canon, etc.) of the product.
In theory, if the films are any good, the revenues will follow.
Serenity did what, $40 or 50 million? Star Wars the trilogy from heck with the worst plot writing in series history made billions. Star Trek did around $50 to $75 million, pulp "Star Trek" pumped in hundreds of millions, even Beyond. Don't make me bring up Transformers and what that atrocity of a series drew in.

There is a super hero movie fatigue, but there are also other things under the surface. To keep it simple, some people wanted The Marvels to fail.

I’m sorry, but I thought this was a fun movie to watch. Mrs. Foxbat and just streamed it tonight, and watching it a second time, I picked up on a few more things that I missed in the theater.

Reactions: Yespage