Marvel Studios: The Marvels

Really looking forward to this one. Just watched Ms Marvel which I felt was pretty good. How many left in the can? Heard in an interview on NPR that the trouble with the Hollywood strike is more about the completely unsynchronized needs of the producers than anything else.

Really looking forward to this one. Just watched Ms Marvel which I felt was pretty good. How many left in the can? Heard in an interview on NPR that the trouble with the Hollywood strike is more about the completely unsynchronized needs of the producers than anything else.
They have one more already filmed, Captain America New World Order, which is due out next summer.

Rumors are this, the next Dune movie and a bunch of others will be delayed, basically because actors cannot do any press for the movies.

As Hollywood's actors and writers continue to strike, one of the year's biggest blockbusters is potentially eyeing a delayed release date. Dune: Part Two, director Denis Villeneuve's highly anticipated follow-up to 2021's Dune, may be pushed back to 2024, sources tell Variety.

Measly $47 million opening weekend domestically. The MCU/Disney seems to be losing their way with this franchise. I’m sure I will watch eventually when streaming is available but not seeing much buzz online for this movie.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Really? You did not like End Game? That was the LAST of the GREAT Marvel Movies
Agreed, but Guardians 3, Dr Strange 2 and Black Panther 2 were very good, Thor 4 was good, not very good.

And all 4 made tons of money in the last 2 years, that is why I do not buy superhero movies are done for talk.

Thor 4 made $760 Million in 2022
Doctor Strange 2 made $955 Million in 2022.
Black Panther 2 made $859 Million in 2022, pretty good for a movie that lost its leading man.
Guardians 3 made $845 Million in 2023

The not so good
Ant-Man 3 $476 Million in 2023 ( actually a good amount, budget was way too high)
The Marvels-TBD

Only another $10 million the second weekend. Wonder why attendance is so bad? I don't really buy the superhero burnout excuse.

I will watch when it comes to streaming. I assume the movie will somewhat carry on the story started in Secret Invasion.

There was a lengthy article a couple weeks ago in Variety about the troubles at Marvel Studios. Lots of speculation by the author but a little short on facts.

I assume the movie will somewhat carry on the story started in Secret Invasion.
WandaVision and Ms. Marvel far more relevant than anything. Secret Invasion feels more and more standalone every day with the balance of the related slate delayed as long as it is (will be more important to Captain American and Thunderbolts movies).

There was a lengthy article a couple weeks ago in Variety about the troubles at Marvel Studios. Lots of speculation by the author but a little short on facts.

A lot of rejiggering going on, and they're not done. The biggest change is going to be them treating TV shows like TV shows instead of having movie-style productions spun up to produce them. Proper showrunners, etc will go a long way to fixing some cost and quality issues of shows not called Loki and some other limited exceptions.

I went to the matinee at our recliner theater to see “The Marvels” today. There was one other person in attendance. Plus, I now qualify for their Senior Discount.:)

It felt more like season 2 of “Ms. Marvel” than the sequel to “Captain Marvel”. But overall I liked it.
After the Big Bad is defeated, the 2nd bangle is given to Kamala. However, at the end, she is back to just her grandmother’s bangle. What happened to the other one? Or did I miss something?

Reactions: Yespage
Why, it was a really good show.
I assumed it was for kids, but saw there was the crossover and watched it and really enjoyed it.

The Marvels was fun, very fun. Captain Marvel suffers from what I call Superman disease which is when a super hero is too powerful and if one doesn't create some sort of tool to manage it (see Luke Cage series for successfully managing being impervious) , it becomes boring.

This film did create a good and viable way to manage it. The big bad had viable motives. It wasn't Infinity War, but it sure wasn't Thor 2 or Ironman 2 either. It was fun and competantly put together. Can't say that for DC films.

The short credits scene was very cool and I can't wait for that to build.

Reactions: Foxbat
Only another $10 million the second weekend. Wonder why attendance is so bad? I don't really buy the superhero burnout excuse.

I will watch when it comes to streaming. I assume the movie will somewhat carry on the story started in Secret Invasion.

The problem is Infinity War/Endgame was built so unbelievably well, that following it up isn't easy. Then there are the issues with people wanting something new that is like everything released up to now.

People are getting a bit silly regarding the latest movies as if Ironman 2, Thor, Thor 2, Captain America were the best comic book movies ever. Sure, with DC as a comparison, it is easy to misremember that not every Marvel film has been a gem. People even had reservations with Ultron.

The Marvels are also suffering from another issue, the 500 lb ape in the room. As a reminder some people didn't like Captain Marvel right off the bat, and not because of Origin Story fatigue.

Marvel has created a large universe and continues to use it to build to the next thing. I welcome this. I like new things.

Reactions: Foxbat
once again, only one major flop in Marvel’s current film history.

Eternals, Shang Chi and Black Widow was affected by recovery from Covid, box office for 2021 was $4 Billion, compared to 2019 at $11 Billion.

Thor 4 made $760 Million in 2022
Doctor Strange 2 made $955 Million in 2022.
Black Panther 2 made $859 Million in 2022, pretty good for a movie that lost its leading man.
Guardians 3 made $845 Million in 2023

The not so good
Ant-Man 3 $476 Million in 2023 ( actually a good amount, budget was way too high)
The Marvels-TBD

Again, one major flop, next year only Deadpool 3 ( with Wolverine), so that will be close to a Billion, then Captain America 4 and maybe 1-2 others in 2025.