MASN-HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bf3000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Bel Air, MD
Does anybody have any info on Dish adding MASN-HD in the near future? It seems like it would be a good choice for Dish since it is now a 24/7 HD channel that services 2 DMAs with their coverage of the Baltimore Orioles and the Washington Nationals. I e-mailed MASN, and they claimed that their HD channel is available at no extra charge to cable and satellite providers, but that it is up to the individual provider to decide if they are going to take it. Dish is currently the only provider in my area that doesn't offer it - Comcast and DirectTV do.

Does anybody have any info on Dish adding MASN-HD in the near future? It seems like it would be a good choice for Dish since it is now a 24/7 HD channel that services 2 DMAs with their coverage of the Baltimore Orioles and the Washington Nationals. I e-mailed MASN, and they claimed that their HD channel is available at no extra charge to cable and satellite providers, but that it is up to the individual provider to decide if they are going to take it. Dish is currently the only provider in my area that doesn't offer it - Comcast and DirectTV do.
Do you really believe that anything run by Peter Angelos would be given away at no cost? You can bet that there are extra costs involved. Remember how long it took to get MASN and MASN2 after they launched. Also remember that there are two channels involved (MASN-HD & MASN2-HD).

It only took a few weeks into the first season to get MASN and MASN2 (fortunately, a few of those games wre also on channel 13), which is why I was hoping that a few weeks into this season we might get MASN-HD. Also, there is only 1 HD channel - MASN HD. The games that are showing on MASN2 are all SD. Now as for the Angelos factor.....that was something I had not thought of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)