Max number of TV's with Dish Network

bchristex

Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Hi
I was with Dish a few years ago but I have 7 tv's in my house and they wanted me to buy two accounts and pay two bills for that. I then switched to DTV because of the multi switch. Dish is having some kind of deal where i am called daily and asked if I want to come back. I would like to for the HD offerings, but they still say the same thing. Does anyone else have more than 4 tv's with one account ? let me know if I must stay with DTV
Thanks in advance

People must and Dish has arrangements for it. If you do their Dish Builder from their website, they have a note that says to call them if you have more than (4) TVs.

It's not the number of TVs that matters, but the number of receivers that you'll need. I believe Dish still has a 4 receiver limit for leased receivers. I'm not sure if they're counting dual-tuner receivers as one or two, i.e., could you have for example 4 model 322 receivers that would give you a total of 8 independent tuners? That's how you need to ask the question. I also believe you can exceed the four receiver limit if you own the ones beyond 4. By cascading switches you can connect far more tuners that you need for your situation so there is no technical limitation in your case that I'm aware of.

Do you need 7 independent programs running at one time? If not then you have one tuner feeding multiple TVs. Some of the receivers have UHF remotes so you can use them in multiple locations.

Welcome to SatGuys, BTW...

Actually it is 4 leased TUNERS which will be 2 dual tuner receivers. DISH does allow 6RECEIVERS on a account but you have to buy the additional receivers and pay for the installation. You could actually have 6 dual tuner receivers feeding 12 TV sets.

I have 11 TVs but only 4 receivers (2 are duel tuner). I have both outputs of the 2 622s, a 501 and a digital OTA box connected to a distribution system so that I can get a total of five sat channels and one additional OTA channel on any TV in the house.

boba is right, he said pretty much what I was.

boba is right, he said pretty much what I was.

Yes, boba, as usual, is correct. However, I hope the original poster does not expect Dish to pay for more than 4 tuners; Charlie is more than happy to set you up with additional tuners, switches, and boxes--that the sub pays for. Often, people are upset that Dish won't give them a home switching central for FREE. But, if we are willing to pay for it, switching central ye shall have.

We should make clear that a 2nd account is unnecessary for a system independently supporting as many as 12 TV's.

Is there going to be 11 different people watching tv at the same time? If not then split the signal out to the other rooms. The UHF PRO technology allows you to take the remote into other rooms and change the channels from those rooms. This saves you money in additional outlet monthly fees, hardware costs and you can view your recorded shows in other rooms.

I have 11 TVs but only 4 receivers (2 are duel tuner). I have both outputs of the 2 622s, a 501 and a digital OTA box connected to a distribution system so that I can get a total of five sat channels and one additional OTA channel on any TV in the house.
Two 622's plus one 501 = three receivers, not four; but yes it does equal 5 tuners (assuming the 501 is not a dual tuner).

Oh well most of us do make typo's.:D

EDIT: Then again, maybe you have a 4th receiver in the shed that is not hooked up to the distribution system.:up

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts