Maximum number of timers question

I can deal with the 96 timer limit, but it does mean that I have to delete timers for shows that are out of season and recreate them when they come back on with new episodes. It would be nice to just create a timer for everything we watch and it would just pick up new episodes again when they come back. The real problem is the 576 event limit. Some shows air over 50 times just in a week and are not consistent as to when new episodes occur, so you can't always change it to weekly to address that. I really wish that I didn't have to put so much time into managing timers and could just set and forget.

There is a "New Episodes" option on your Dish Pass timers. I have a bunch of them that are set and forget.

I can deal with the 96 timer limit, but it does mean that I have to delete timers for shows that are out of season and recreate them when they come back on with new episodes. It would be nice to just create a timer for everything we watch and it would just pick up new episodes again when they come back. The real problem is the 576 event limit. Some shows air over 50 times just in a week and are not consistent as to when new episodes occur, so you can't always change it to weekly to address that. I really wish that I didn't have to put so much time into managing timers and could just set and forget.

Completly agreed abt the times for shows specially when they get out of season with new one coming in. Its difficult to manage with the limit. I am almost at abt 75 timers for shows...not tellign that DVR records all of them. Also I have never hit the 576 limit or atleast that what I think....but will be nice if Dish team are able to push it higher. There are many shows epecially wife shows...that are repeated like 40/50 times a week....& the limit gets a bad hit.

and don't forget, the 'NEW' doesn't always work correctly.
Yep, depends on the guide listing. But on the ones I have set, I'd say on 90% of the time it does, and it's usually dependent on the show and/or network. If I set a "new" timer for a particular show, and it works, it will continue to work. If it's working for one show on a particluar channel but not another channel, then I'll set the timer to only look at the channel that is showing the new episodes. Usually there is more than one way to skin a Sat.

(excuse my bad pun)

and don't forget, the 'NEW' doesn't always work correctly.

that is where the 576 max event timer kicks in and screws up the timers. it hits the max event listing and you cannot create a new timer for say a movie that is showing on a Saturday night. also to blame here is Tribune for screwing up the guide listings. sorry for the :rant:

If tiny cell phones can have 1Ghz processors and 1GB RAM, then I'm sure "lowly" DVR hardware can have more. :p
Perhaps if you were willing to pay for a device that cost two to three times as much. As it is, most aren't going to double their cost to get unlimited timers.

As you might imagine, the processor, RAM and bus speed in an existing cannot be upgraded. DISH delivered HD DVRs with replaceable boards some time ago and they couldn't make a business case for making upgrade boards.

There is a "New Episodes" option on your Dish Pass timers. I have a bunch of them that are set and forget.
I set most every timer as NEW. The problem is say I set to only record new episodes of 'The Simpsons' on my local FOX channel. Yes, that is once a week, but almost every day there are multiple syndicated episodes that are repeats and these are skipped. Each of those skipped events count towards the limit of 576 and when that limit is reached, you cannot create a new timer, even if it is a single event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts