May be Switching to U-verse from DN

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)
With DN's arrogant removal of all the Voom channels (there were 5 I liked), there is no reason for me to stay with them anymore. U-verse became available in my neighborhood a few months ago and I am only about 1600 ft from the VRAD. Also I saw a news article adviding that ATT would be offering 2 HD streams which is adequate for my household __IF THEY BRING IT INTO THE METRO-EAST>

I want to do a side by side compairson of the HD channels ATT and DN offer now also with a price comparison without tons or research. Any suggestions?

The HD is fine by my standards AND I got the 2nd HD Stream yesterday by calling them twice...

I got uVerse last month and it is a huge improvement over Comcast in my opinion.

Betsig are you in the St Louis area?

Thats the only place where they have two HD streams. The rest of the country is still stuck with just one HD channel in the house at anytime.

Nope Grand Rapids, MI area. Called them once in the afternoon and they said I couldn't get it. Called them later that night and they gave it to me. I can take a picture and show ya the 2SD/2HD on my system settings..

Yep, it seems 2Hd is rolling out in many areas now. Glad to hear it's in GR now. I called last night about the 2nd stream in Kzo, but they said "call back next week" bastards! :)

I am loving Uverse though.

Here is the picture of my set. Keep on calling! This is in Jenison..

2507179356_bccf542a06.jpg

Seems odd that your IPTV cap didn't change (go up to like 299something) like everyone else that has the 2hd stream. Did you hard reset your box yet?

That seems about average on the boxes. Gets to that level and just stays in that region based on the stuff I have seen when I check my STB's out.

I'm currently with DN, but still don't feel like I should pull the trigger on Uverse yet. I looked up the HD content with the Uverse 200 & 300, and they both pretty much suck! I don't get premiums, nor am I interested in them. Uverse doesn't seem to have HALF of the HD content that DN has. Am I missing something? I was waiting for 2 HD streams and now they say they have them in the Detroit area...which is great. I want to go to Uverse eventually...but is it time yet? I watch USA HD and now we get ESPNews HD...FSN Detroit HD...gotta watch my Tigers in HD. Any ideas as to if they will be upgrading their HD? I would save about $40 per month as I'd get rid of my home phone.

This decision is a lot harder than I thought!

U-Verse has about 10 HD channels less than Dish Network after Dish's channel increase and decrease. U-Verse currently has more Premium HD channels than Dish but doesn't have as many of the non-premiums. I did hear they are working to add some of the ones that Dish added recently like Sci-Fi and USA. I think they were waiting until the 2/2 profile rolled out. I agree that 2/2 is not good enough. I really enjoy U-Verse on the one tv we have it on and my kids REALLY like it because it has a larger kids line-up than Dish. But until they have more streams and whole home DVR I can't switch fully.

I'm having U-Verse installed Monday, June 9. We have 2 HD feeds in the Detroit area...so I'm taking the plunge. I'll wait about a week to see if I'm going to keep it...but I'm probably going for it. It looks pretty good in my area right now!!!

Boy...am I TICKED OFF!!!

I had an install scheduled for this AM in Orion Township. EVERYONE I talked to at U-Verse with AT&T indicated that they have 2 HD streams now. The installer gets to my house and tells me that there is NO WAY he can install 2 HD streams to my house and he's been told that it won't happen until August. He calls his supervisor and he says the same thing. He cancels the install while I'm calling U-Verse Customer Service. I get them on the phone and they SWEAR that 2 HD streams are available. The installer's supervisor calls me while I'm on the phone with the CSR and tells me that it's "mostly" available, but not solid yet. He "didn't want to install a product in my home that will be up some of the time and have me calling CSR's wondering why my 2nd HD stream isn't working correctly."

This is the SECOND time I've had to cancel an installation because AT&T doesn't know their butt from their mouth!!!

So...I caused a bit of a stink. They PROMISED me that it would be available in August...so they scheduled me for an Aug 23 install with $100 cash back, $100 credit on my first bill, first month free, free installation and $20 per month credit for six months after that.

I don't know what to do. I'm so absolutely frustrated. I want to go to U-Verse, but they can't figure ANYTHING out!!! I'm tempted to take the deal and have them install...then see if I can get 2 HD streams after all.
16x16_robot-mad.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts