This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

May Switch - What is the best deal - Retailer or D Install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
I'm think of switching some time in May to D*

The question is, what is the absoltue best deal I can get? I'm going to lose money by terminating my E* contract so I want as much savings as possible.

Also, should I go directly to D* or use a local installer? The big guys locally are Satellite Solutions & Electronics of WNY - DIRECTV Dealer - (716) 651-1700.

Their promotions arent any better than D*.

Advice wanted.

Thanks!

Have you checked with Plasma Concepts, a site sponsor, for their D* deals to see if they're better?

Seems like Plasma Cocnepts is giving back $100. That would pay for the DVR. How do they do this? They're not in Buffalo....

I heard there are even ways to fake the AAA membership. Is this true?

What abotu showtime read that you can get that free for a year, how is that done and can I do it through a retailer?

What abotu showtime read that you can get that free for a year, how is that done and can I do it through a retailer?

read the thread .. lots of tips/info in there

you should get

AAA - $10 per month for 24 months
Regular discount - $18 per month for 12 months
Showtime free for 12 months
Starz free for 3 months
$300 coupon book
DVR's - $99
$50 refer a friend promo
$20 for "go green promo"
$5 HD extra pack free for a few months ?
Free setup/shipping (saves $20)

others have got more ... some have settled for less ...

pay the $55 - get a AAA membership just in case they do check the name/address .. and then save the $240 over the course of the two year contract.

You asked how you get the best deal - this is how you do it ...

Now i used to have directv, so question is, will I be able to get this deal?

only one way to find out ...

.. as long as you left on good terms and as long as it was quite a while ago - i'd bet they would welcome you back ... you may not get every single offer that they have ... but i'd bet that you would get the bulk of them.

Let us know what they say.

Status
Please reply by conversation.