May the Force Be with you on Blu-Ray

Ilya said:
But a lot of things can happen in 9 months. What if you will need the money for something else? What if some Special Edition is announced by Lucas by then? ;)
Would you be able to cancel your preorder?

Yes

But a lot of things can happen in 9 months. What if you will need the money for something else? What if some Special Edition is announced by Lucas by then? ;)
Would you be able to cancel your preorder?

Yes, you can cancel the pre-order right up to shipment. You can also return it for full credit. You get the lowest price offered between the time you order it and it ships. And with PRIME, the shipping is free and there is no tax. Don't really see a downside.

BTW, I read on the Amazon review that this was only the 'improved' version.

Ok, I didn't realize that. If you can cancel it at any time, then it makes sense to preorder. :)

Let's see now..... VHS, Laserdisc, Special Edition Laserdisc, DVD, and now BluRay. How many times am I gonna buy these things? One more time, I guess......
Same here, except for the VHS copy.

Why are there nine disks for six movies? Are Episodes IV - VI available in the original, un-mucked version along with the "new-improved, CGI models" version? The ending of Episode V was ruined (IMHO) by cutting back and forth between Luke hanging on for dear Life and Darth Vader walking through Cloud City. Maybe that's the Blu-Ray I use for a coaster... ;)

Pre-ordered. I wish it had the original versions included, so I'll save my DVDs. Could have sworn I'd posted this before.

Yes, you can cancel the pre-order right up to shipment. You can also return it for full credit. You get the lowest price offered between the time you order it and it ships. And with PRIME, the shipping is free and there is no tax. Don't really see a downside.

I get charged tax. There is a warehouse in my state. :(

This is really the only reason why you want to pre-order. Amazon's new releases are always at least 30% off retail.

You have every version I have! Both LD versions still sitting on my shelf.

Ah yes, all of you old timers remember the joy of flipping a laserdisc every 30 minutes (until I upgrade in 1996 to a Pioneer player that automatically flipped to the other side). I actually bought a $100 Japanese import of the Phantom Menace in 1999 or early 2000 because it was the only way to get Dolby 5.1 Surround sound (George was only selling VHS copies here stateside at the time). Of course, that was when I actually had disposable income. Ah, the good ole days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts