Status
Not open for further replies.

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Why not change the name of this forum to something like "Website operations forum", or "Site operations forum", or some such? That way people will not confuse the satelliteguys with satellite and think it is a forum on satellite operations.

I guess it could backfire and a lot of web site programming threads get started with people looking for HTML answers :eek:

The problem is not in the name. Op Center is the top forum in the list, and a newbie doesn't know better, so posts in the first spot available.

Scott needs to add a forum fright at the top titled: Stupid Newbie Questions and select a moderator to be responsible for moving everything posted there to the appropriate place.

Name change?

The problem is not in the name. Op Center is the top forum in the list, and a newbie doesn't know better, so posts in the first spot available.

Scott needs to add a forum fright at the top titled: Stupid Newbie Questions and select a moderator to be responsible for moving everything posted there to the appropriate place.

I think adding a new forum is a great idea..but come on..."stupid newbie?" Not..We newbies feel stupid asking questions considered mundane bymost...so stupid will drive us off...

I think adding a new forum is a great idea..but come on..."stupid newbie?" Not..We newbies feel stupid asking questions considered mundane bymost...so stupid will drive us off...
Relax hes just kidding. :)

We were ALL newbies once and welcome all Newbies...

Todays Newbies are tommorows satellite experts. :D

What Scott said.

If I was trying to drive folks off, would I be answering so many of the questions that end up here?

I named it 'stupid newbie' because I can't think of a good name, but that should kind of be its purpose. To provide a landing place where we can quietly direct users to the place where people will answer their questions. A lot of members don't read this forum at all.

Try that when you're brand new to a forum software package. Noobsism hits there too.

I remember many, many years ago when I moved my old forum from Iconboard to vB and after it was up and running, a few users alerted me and asked what the "Admin Penthouse" was. Oops, had the perms not set right and had the admin/moderation sub-boards visible to all! :eek:

Relax hes just kidding. :)

We were ALL newbies once and welcome all Newbies...

Todays Newbies are tommorows satellite experts. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)