McDonald’s Launching In-Store Television Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Stanwood, Washington (population 3,000) has those silly pumps with the screens. The station is in the same building as the Burger King, go figure

Stanwood, Washington (population 3,000) has those silly pumps with the screens. The station is in the same building as the Burger King, go figure
You know... now that you mention it, there's a gas station & McDonalds not far from here.
I guess it's so you can get your gas where you get your gas. :)

yeah those at the pumps are scary.....You grab the hose to fill up and the TV screams at you "Welcome to Holiday Stationstores" and then tries to show a 12 second weathercast
A gas station I used to frequent when traveling had them damn things. I would wanna smash em too at 4:30 in the morning after just waking up to get on the road. Not long after I slowed down on my travels I found out they turned them off due to customers watching them and over filling at the pump. :eek:

Maybe we can hack the network an upload a continuous loop of "Supersize Me" onto the displays. LOL

Maybe we can hack the network an upload a continuous loop of "Supersize Me" onto the displays. LOL
ewww - Captain McMidnite
(Can I take your order?) Yeah, I'll have a McMUTE. Oh, supersize it, thanks. Then again there may be a logical reason such as: Maybe it's to encourage customers to leave so they can turnover tables more often? Some in-store music is already annoying. I'd think you'd want your customers to stay and isle shop longer. I guess I don't get it.:confused:

(getting off topic)
I have become accustomed to the McD's coffee. (last week they had free coffee and have now changed to McCafe) For about the same price as it would cost me for a coffee at Tim Hortons, I can get a coffee and muffin.

Last edited:
It would not surprise me if soon those pumps let you touch the screen to buy something and it's automatically billed to and delivered to the billing address of the credit card you paid for your gas with.

When we went on family vacation early this year, my dad LOVES Denny's. I think it was Denny's..
So every day, morning, noon and night, he wanted to eat there. The whole bloody three weeks!
And they had several large, flat screen TV's on the walls and hanging from the ceilings around the place and they were running their in-house propaganda channel which was 99.99999% "music" videos of punks on skateboards doing ILLEGAL things like skating on sidewalks and hand rails everywhere while they blasted stupid punk rap music that was WAY too loud. And it was "windowed" so that there were several videos running on screen at the same time, and usually one of them was videos of plates of food, all pretty and plastic, totally unlike the real thing they bring you.

I've never looked at fast food the same after seeing that movie, "Falling Down" where he confronts the Whammy Burger people about their product.

When I go to eat somewhere, I do not want to hear their propaganda or someone else's idea of "music".
I want to eat in a quiet, peaceful environment.

I guess this is why I never eat out anymore... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
To me it's there if you want to watch..or not..I use Wifi in McDonald's anyway so I already am occupied ..Unless I'm with my wife or friends, I need to have a newspaper or something else to occupy me while I'm eating..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)